Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Is Splinter Cell Conviction a concept and approach to stay?

Heavystormdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Heavystormdk

"Is Splinter Cell Conviction a concept and approach to stay or just like a cold, something to get over?"

I personally, is still in doubt since I first of all haven't played the finished version of the game except for the easy peasy demo. But I also believe that perhaps they should really consider where they are taking the franchise in terms of it just becoming a failed attempt to conquer a market that only cares about things being the new IN, HOT & quantity, and not being quality? Even though I have the impression that Conviction is a quality game, what will happen to the franchise later on, not to mention their attempts to make it a Spielberg movie?? 

I'm confused.... :-S  

breaking3po

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By breaking3po

The game companies have to look at their games and say "OK. IF we have an area to improve, can we locate it specifically and make it better?" For Splinter Cell Conviction they tweaked that barrier of entry part: streamline the controls and don't force your players to reload because they botched a button press.

Who knows? They might do something really exciting for the people that stuck through each game next time if this one sells well. But the very first thing should be to let everyone enjoy the game without getting frustrated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.