Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

My largest problem with Splinter Cell: Convicition

BlownSpeakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BlownSpeakers

In all honesty I really enjoyed playing through this game despite all of its minor issues; however the in game cutscenes make it near impossible for me to ever play through the story again just for fun and to mess around. For example I wanted to play the airfield level, then I realized I would have to sit through the opening scene for a few minutes before I could even start to play, or any other level with interrogations are just a few minutes of me sitting around waiting for it to be over so I can actually play again.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Bionicicide

Too bad they didn't use an "act" system to skip those scenes from the menu (minus loading times).

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

I know what you mean, I got annoyed at the same scene the staff did, when you have to enter the facility and it keeps replaying that same walking motion.

However my biggest beef was him ending up with all of the gadgets, I hoping it's be a little more creative like he was with the wing mirror, but alas, over time it turned into a splinter cell game.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

They are trying to disguise the loading times. At least the cutscenes are only a few minutes.

leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By leviathan
    @HitmanAgent47: Yeah, one good thing i'll say about the game was that the loading times were done really really well. There's be a cutscene, then it'd seamlessly shift to in-game, and bang the level starts.
    kingkorn69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kingkorn69

I have to say I only played the demo and kinda liked the game play but hated the speed of play in this game.  Just wasn't fast enough in a game like this and yes too many cut scenes my friend said as well.

Avatar image for blood_for_the_blood_god
    Blood_for_the_blood_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@leviathan: except in co-op, where the loading times are fucking atrocious
    M4_Carmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By M4_Carmine
    @Blood_for_the_blood_God said:
    " @leviathan: except in co-op, where the loading times are fucking atrocious "

thats also because of lag lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.