Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Splinter Cell Conviction PC DRM

BillyMethers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BillyMethers

What DRM is used in the PC version of conviction?
    I heard it got delayed and I want to know if anyone who has actually bought the PC version knows what DRM is in there.
    I want to know from someone who actually has the PC version.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By yani

Don't actually have it but can tell you with 100% certainty that it has the same DRM as AC2, ie constant internet connection required.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I have the game, I don't know the name of it, however from what I know, you have to first log into the game. Then after that, you can play it and if your internet connection doesn't work, it pauses until it's re-established then you can play it. Honestly it's not that bad and the good thing I like about it is that you don't have installation limits. You can install the game as many times as you want, it will be tied to your ubisoft account. That's good because I rather have this than those damn installation limits.  

I'm probally the only one here that actually bought the game, I could be wrong though.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

I have the game, I don't know the name of it, however from what I know, you have to first log into the game. Then after that, you can play it and if your internet connection doesn't work, it pauses until it's re-established then you can play it. Honestly it's not that bad and the good thing I like about it is that you don't have installation limits. You can install the game as many times as you want, it will be tied to your ubisoft account. That's good because I rather have this than those damn installation limits.  

I'm probally the only one here that actually bought the game, I could be wrong though.

"
    Exactly like Assassin's Creed 2, which went without a hitch for me and i beat it happily <3  The reason im not gonna buy Conviction is because i might not enjoy it. Usually i... "test" the games for free before deciding to buy (if you know what i mean) but with this DRM, testing isnt possible. 

All i can hope for is a demo .
    yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By yani
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
     but with this DRM, testing isnt possible.
      Yeah, it is.
    BillyMethers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BillyMethers

thanks everyone. I was wondering if they rethought their DRM and that's why it got delayed.
    sucks though because I'd worry about playing it offline.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @BillyMethers said:
    " thanks everyone. I was wondering if they rethought their DRM and that's why it got delayed. sucks though because I'd worry about playing it offline. "
    If you live in the US you would not have a problem, just keep your internet connected. >__<
    Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the Splinter Cell: Conviction Steam Page 

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://www.splintercell.com/conviction/  

From the Assassin's Creed 2 Steam Page 

A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES AND TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UBISOFT ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://assassinscreed.com 

Yep, it's the same. 

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By PufferFiz
    @yani said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
      Yeah, it is. "
    he is correct. The UBI DRM was cracked a week ago.  I'm sure ( I looked it up) that SC:C is playable offline.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @PufferFiz said:
    " @yani said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
      Yeah, it is. "
    he is correct. The UBI DRM was cracked a week ago.  I'm sure ( I looked it up) that SC:C is playable offline. "
    nice

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.