Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Steam sale toaday! Quick question!

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Yeah it is about 10EUR. I never played a Splinter Cell game. Do I have to play the previous ones to enjoy it. 

I hated MGS4 (which also was my first MGS - I had no clue what was going on.), but loved the more stealthy stuff in Assassins Creed.

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By yyZiggurat
    @Wuddel: I bought it the day it was on sale and am liking it.  Its my first SC game as well and it doesn't seem as convoluted as MGS4's story.  I know this is a late reply but did you buy it?
    phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By phish09

It's probably more akin to Ass Creed than it is to MGS4...but it's not really like either.  Did you play Arkham Asylum?  Picture that, but with a less intriguing character and more gunplay as opposed to being strictly melee.  I don't think the story is anything special, overall, but it's enough to keep you going through the game.  It's certainly not a game you are going to play over and over again, but it's a pretty good game for what it is.  BTW, I think you'd almost probably enjoy it more if you haven't played the previous games.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Chummy8

Get it.  It's worth it.  

It's a stealth game, but not too hard core.  You can be spotted, then hide with no real problems.  I'm still playing it actually on the 360 and I love the tactical aspect of sneaking up on dudes and stabbing them in the face and neck. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.