Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Worth getting?

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By iSylence

I've never played any of the Splinter Cell games but today I'm able to get it for $30NZ ($23US) from a place online. Is it worth getting? Also how long is it? I don't really want to be playing a long game at the moment because I've got a few other games to be playing at the moment (still haven't finished New Vegas for example) and I'd just like something for a bit of fun on the side.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

I enjoyed it. No other game gives you such a sense of stalking and playing with your enemies. I beat it in about 7 hours, but there's also a pretty awesome co-op mode with it's own storyline which pretty much doubles the game's length. 

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By jkz

It's fun, and it's not all that long (took me about 6-8 hours, although I'm a long time Splinter-Cell fan). 

$23 US seems pretty good for it: the single-player game's a bit short, for that much, but the co-op is great fun as well, and is nearly as lengthy.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MistaSparkle

Just got it for about $20 recently and haven't really played much of it, but from what I played its pretty fun.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Rayfield

I was disappointed in Conviction. As awesome as making dudes eat urinals was, the gameplay grew tedious. Shoot dude in head, move forward, shoot dude in head, move forward. That, and by the end I couldn't care less about the story/characters. 

I feel Double Agent was a better SC game. I stabbed a boatload of dudes to death in that.
    DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DougQuaid

I payed full retail for it when it was released and enjoyed it.  If you have a buddy to play the co-op campaign with it's even better. 

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iSylence

Hmm, whilst I am very tempted to buy it I think I should probably save my money. I do have enough games at the moment and I haven't been very sociable lately lol.

Edit: thanks for the input though duders!

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai

I got it used at EB games for 5$ so for me, yes :D

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9  Edited By Geno

It's an okay game, but note that the PC version is very demanding.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Enigma777
    @Rayfield: Sounds more like a result of how you chose to play it than a fault of the game itself. I rarely used my gun during my playthough. It was much more satisfying to sneak up behind people and snap their necks or even pass through without killing anyone.
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rayfield
    @Enigma777: 

Yeah probably. But I never felt the need to go all stealth and snap necks like in all the previous SC games. Towards the end, I just wanted to get the levels over with really. 

I'm not saying the game was garbage. It was just a little lackluster and forgettable for me. I finshed the game and can't even remember who killed his daughter or why. And I don't really care to remember.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Rayfield said:
    " @Enigma777:  Yeah probably. But I never felt the need to go all stealth and snap necks like in all the previous SC games. Towards the end, I just wanted to get the levels over with really.  I'm not saying the game was garbage. It was just a little lackluster and forgettable for me. I finshed the game and can't even remember who killed his daughter or why. And I don't really care to remember. "
    wow you must not remember anything.....
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGreatGuero

If you're okay with being forced to beat up women, sure. Personally, I stopped playing after that.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rayfield
    @ZombieHunter: 

Well I haven't played it since April. I remember who shoots who but as far the plot goes, nah.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " If you're okay with being forced to beat up women, sure. Personally, I stopped playing after that. "
    lol i hope your being sarcastic 
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @ZombieHunter:  No, dude. I'm not. That was not cool. It was incredibly lame that I simply could not continue unless I punched that totally defenseless chick. I tried to get around it, but the game won't let you. That really bothers me, man. Sam, I thought I knew you better than that.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " @ZombieHunter:  No, dude. I'm not. That was not cool. It was incredibly lame that I simply could not continue unless I punched that totally defenseless chick. I tried to get around it, but the game won't let you. That really bothers me, man. Sam, I thought I knew you better than that. "
    first off she makes you do it 

second not a really person/women/violence 

your making a big deal out of it i can thing of many a game that has ladies in it and frankly you do alot more in those games that is a hell of a lot more violent shit look at any GTA 
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jimbo

No.

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

Yes it is. 
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I liked the game, also there are other modes and stuff you can play besides the single player. Overall I thought it was a cool game.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @ZombieHunter:  GTA never forced me to punch out an innocent woman. Sure, it gave me the option, but it wasn't a requirement to progress in the story. She doesn't "make you" do it. She's withholding valuable info, but hitting her wasn't the option I would have gone with. Honestly, as stupid as this may seem, I'd feel better if I was shooting her in the leg than punching her in the face. You don't hit girls. That's a big rule. Sam Fisher broke it and lost all my respect.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordukai

With this game Ubisoft took another stealth game series I liked and made it into another action game. If I wanted to play a "Jason Borne" type game I would play it's proper game.  Talk shit all you want about MGS4 but at least Kojima never betrayed it's stealth roots. 

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pie
    @TheGreatGuero: It's interesting to me that some people play games and actively get involved with the character and to a certain extent take on their role whilst others choose to watch the characters their playing at a distance like a film. 
    I un know
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pie
    @Mordukai said:
    " With this game Ubisoft took another stealth game series I liked and made it into another action game. If I wanted to play a "Jason Borne" type game I would play it's proper game.  Talk shit all you want about MGS4 but at least Kojima never betrayed it's stealth roots.  "
    I'd say theres equal amounts of straight stealth and action in SPC and MGS4

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.