Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division 2

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2019

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG sequel to The Division.

Division 2 Open Beta Starts March 1st

TheAdmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

Who else here is ready to kick the tires of the next Schlooter?

Details on what's in it:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-2-open-beta-trailer-new-details-relea/1100-6465176/

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I think I got enough of a taste from the previous closed beta. I've already got it pre-ordered, and I'm hyped to play the full game in about a week and a half.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@chaser324: Same here, I'm going to hold off. Apex will keep me busy for at least 12 more days.

TinyGallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Combat here is still awesome, Shooting and cover system feel great, even with a low level gun it was satisfying. Which I dont think the first one was, until you got better equipment.

Looting and searching for items still isn’t fun. The game doesnt feel designed for that in mind, yet they want you to look around..

It’s hard to tell whats lootable, and that’s compounded by the X icon (to take cover) appearing on every surface you look at.

Like Division 1, I’ll enjoy this for under $20. The DC environment looks fun.

The open beta is glitching for me and I can’t get past the second mission— It tells me to blow up debris, but you cant cross path once it’s gone. Oh well!

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I played through the first couple missions they have in this and it...feels a whole lot like any given mission from the first game.

But I thought the shooting just overall felt a little better and the armor system made it feel like I could have an actual firefight by myself instead of peeking out killing one guy and being absolutely lit up in the process.

Also pretty impressed with how well it ran on my now very aging PC.

adamxkuhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By adamxkuhn

I'm enjoying it way more than I thought I would coming out of Division 1. It's very much the same game, but everything feels *better*. Not just visually, but as @efesell said above, the shooting feels better, the actual encounters are more interesting, and the NPC AI seems much better than the previous game -- I've definitely noticed the enemies trying stuff like flanking me that I never really noticed in D1, and the friendlies are smart about placement too. It's a neat game.

@tinygallon I had that glitch as well, if you go to Uplay, right click the game, and hit "verify files" it'll push out a microfix for that.

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta say that the shooting feels much better than the prequel, is the enemies reaction to bullets new to the game?

Unfortunately, i couldn't play much of the beta since my play through was interrupted by the scheduled maintenance.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@giant_gamer: The devs have said that they’ve toned down the bullet-sponginess of the enemies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.