Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Franchise »

Created with the release of Tomb Raider on PlayStation in 1996, the Tomb Raider franchise with its iconic heroine adventurer Lara Croft quickly grew into a cross-media pop-culture phenomenon.

PSWii60gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PSWii60gamer

A return to relevance

Most people had quite rightfully written off the Tomb Raider series after having their beloved game flogged like a dead horse by
    annual sequels, each more abysmal than the last. 
    And that's to say nothing of the more broken than antiquated control scheme that the developers oddly refused update to modern gaming standards.
    It was only by handing the reins over to Crystal Dynamics that Lara Croft's long dead corpse was lovingly reanimated. Tomb Raider: Legend was 
    an admittedly short, but MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY, a solid and fun adventure. Tomb Raider: Anniversary was a very well crafted re-imagining of
    the first Tomb Raider that loyally recreated the solitary feel of exploring crumbling crypts without the angular, low-poly-count characters or heinous
    controls to muck up the hazy nostalgia all Tomb Raider fans feel for the series. (or at least the first couple of games)

While many old fans have permanently moved on from the lonely, environmental puzzle based platforming adventure series, I for one am grateful
    to Crystal Dynamics for making "my" type of fun little experience relevant again. 

It might not pull the sort of powerhouse, AAA attention that a Gears of War or Resident Evil (another series rescued from obsolescence)
    might garner, but as long as they continue to keep doing the things that made the games fun in the first place, I'll still count myself among its fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.