Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Franchise »

Created with the release of Tomb Raider on PlayStation in 1996, the Tomb Raider franchise with its iconic heroine adventurer Lara Croft quickly grew into a cross-media pop-culture phenomenon.

The New Tomb Raider Looks Stunning

zpardi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Edited By zpardi

E3 MADNESS HAS LANDED!

Hopefully Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix manage to pull this off because the franchise is in dire need of a jumpstart. Rumor has it that the budget for this installment is, shall we say, 'very generous', which bodes well for Lara fans. I've always wanted a big budget game to be set on a deserted island with the main character shipwrecked, so I'm really looking forward to that premise. However when I think about it some more, I have concerns that the about the whole desert island theme. I mean, can you really craft an entertaining experience out of such a constrained setting? How will you tackle level diversity? What about the variance of enemies, and wildlife? Lara has always been known for her globetrotting antics, but hopefully Crystal Dynamics can fashion a fantastic survival story this time around.

Oh and Lara looks absolutely gorgeous, I love the new look!

What do you guys think? Is this the ray of hope that the franchise needs, or another sunken ship?
    zpardi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zpardi

E3 MADNESS HAS LANDED!

Hopefully Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix manage to pull this off because the franchise is in dire need of a jumpstart. Rumor has it that the budget for this installment is, shall we say, 'very generous', which bodes well for Lara fans. I've always wanted a big budget game to be set on a deserted island with the main character shipwrecked, so I'm really looking forward to that premise. However when I think about it some more, I have concerns that the about the whole desert island theme. I mean, can you really craft an entertaining experience out of such a constrained setting? How will you tackle level diversity? What about the variance of enemies, and wildlife? Lara has always been known for her globetrotting antics, but hopefully Crystal Dynamics can fashion a fantastic survival story this time around.

Oh and Lara looks absolutely gorgeous, I love the new look!

What do you guys think? Is this the ray of hope that the franchise needs, or another sunken ship?
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

A lot of the concept art and early information for the game we had suggested a jungle environment, and had some pretty clear cues that the islands weren't entirely uninhabited.  The map she was looking at in the start of the trailer showed a sort of chain of islands, and I imagine you'll be moving from one to the other at some point.  Also, I can only guess, but if at some point you don't end up in some kind of abandoned ruined temple or something, I'd be surprised.

I have extremely high hopes for this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.