Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

"deleted" blog

PaulRevere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By PaulRevere

[deleted]

haggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By haggis

I just chalk it up to largely male game developers not knowing how to talk about women characters to a largely male audience. I think because women gamers are used to the gender disparity (since most game protagonists are male) they don't get hung up on this. Then again, many of us male gamers play female characters (my Commander Shepard is a female, for instance). I don't think there's much doubt that women in games tend to be little more than juvenile fantasy (there are, of course, exceptions), but the Tomb Raider reboot looks to be trying to do more than that, despite the clumsy and silly description.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.