Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

ps3 frame rate

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

hi guys, was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a few frame rate stutters on the ps3 version when in wide open areas with lots of activity going on. Its fine when in enclosed spaces such as caves and buildings. Just abit worried as the game is excellent just don't want to be playing a dodgy copy and will replace if its the game, thanks guys, hope you get back to me

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Yeah, the framerate is kinda messy on the PS3. I found it to be playable, but it was noticeable enough to get in the way sometimes.

jayu26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jayu26

From digital foundry's Tomb Raider face-off article:

Like-for-like clips give us the chance to see how game engine performance ranks across both consoles when rendering the exact same content. The conclusion here is that while PS3 has a small advantage in some areas, it's Xbox 360 that is generally better equipped to deal with more stressful scenes.

Story of this generation.

For what it's worth they go on to recommend PS3 version.

This is a game where much of the experience is built around the spectacle and in that respect, PS3 offers an advantage of its 360 sibling. Aside from various instances where performance is visibly lower, the gameplay is otherwise just as enjoyable on Sony's system, and the sharper visuals better suit the overall feel of the game, highlighting the richness of the environments without as many unwanted side-effects. In that respect the PS3 version gets our recommendation as the preferred choice of the two console releases.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I remember some frame loss here and there, but it didn't take away from the enjoyment of the game.

gazcrawfo8692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks very much guys, you have set my mind at ease, I can get back to enjoying this game now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.