Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

PS3 vs PS4 comparisions

• 107 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#101  Edited By musubi

@jsnyder82: Why not? They put the work into it and added a lot of stuff that wasn't even in the PC version. Added all the DLC, a Digital Comic and Digital Art Book. There is no doubt that the PC wins the war in resolutions but the textures and character models are better in this one period unless there is some 3rd party mod for Hi-res textures on the PC it won't look the same.

jsnyder82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By jsnyder82

@jsnyder82: Why not? They put the work into it and added a lot of stuff that wasn't even in the PC version. Added all the DLC, a Digital Comic and Digital Art Book. There is no doubt that the PC wins the war in resolutions but the textures and character models are better in this one period unless there is some 3rd party mod for Hi-res textures on the PC it won't look the same.

I just think that a game that's ten months old should be reduced in price at this point, regardless of whether they gave it a new coat of paint. Look, it's not like I'm judging you or anything. If you wanna buy it, buy it. Honestly, I probably will buy it at some point in the future, mainly just to see if I can actually tell a difference or not. (And have something to play on my PS4) Just not for a full $60. Maybe in four months when it inevitably drops to $30.

Phart_Smears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidprince said:

Yes, he would.

No he...oh wait he said "looks like nothing new", oh ok yeah he's wrong, but I can see why he wouldn't have noticed that much. There isn't a leap unless you're watching that video comparing a PS3 version to PS4.

Nobody commented on how the PC version can run at 2560 x 1440 at 60 frames, while PS4 is still hindered at 1080p...just throwing that out there......

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Ezekiel

@artelinarose said:

@demoskinos said:

@jsnyder82: Even though I have a PC I'd rather play stuff on console.

I take the middle road and play stuff on my PC with a controller.

My controller feels like junk after not using it for a month. I wish devs made better use of the M/KB. Lara Croft for example walks too slowly with a keyboard, but I still prefer them in Tomb Raider - and most other games - for aiming/navigation and comfort.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ezekiel said:

@artelinarose said:

@demoskinos said:

My controller feels like junk after not using it for a month. I wish devs made better use of the M/KB. Lara Croft for example walks too slowly with a keyboard, but I still prefer them in Tomb Raider - and most other games - for aiming/navigation and comfort.

I have tendonitis in both arms so a controller is just more comfortable for me. ._. I have difficulty aiming in shooters when I use my mouse.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By musubi

@ezekiel said:

@artelinarose said:

@demoskinos said:

I have tendonitis in both arms so a controller is just more comfortable for me. ._. I have difficulty aiming in shooters when I use my mouse.

The obvious solution to this.....

No Caption Provided

ROBOT ARMS!

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

@colourful_hippie said:

@liquidprince said:

Yes, he would.

No he...oh wait he said "looks like nothing new", oh ok yeah he's wrong, but I can see why he wouldn't have noticed that much. There isn't a leap unless you're watching that video comparing a PS3 version to PS4.

Nobody commented on how the PC version can run at 2560 x 1440 at 60 frames, while PS4 is still hindered at 1080p...just throwing that out there......

There is more to games looking good then just resolution and frame rates. 1080P is a great resolution for games and even movies. Especially when adoption rate for UHD is next to nothing, even in the PC gaming world.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phart_smears said:

@colourful_hippie said:

@liquidprince said:

Yes, he would.

There is more to games looking good then just resolution and frame rates. 1080P is a great resolution for games and even movies. Especially when adoption rate for UHD is next to nothing, even in the PC gaming world.

Indeed it is. People acting like 1080p is garbage make me roll my eyes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.