Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 18, 2012

Return to skateboarding game roots in this high-definition remake of the earliest games from the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series.

New THPS HD multiplayer video

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Two people playing, so of course they record the guy who sucks. Ugh.

At any rate, the game looks great, and this is the first I've seen that it will feature avatar support. That's good news. The neat twist on your typical big head mode looks fun too.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Tylea002

Something looks off about it, I can't tell. It's clear it's not like the Halo HD thing - they don't have the old engine running underneath. The animations aren't as smooth and awesome as they were in the real neversoft days. I just hope it plays and feels exactly like a Tony Hawk game, because damn. They need to put neversoft back on this series if theyre properly rebooting it.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vexxan

Man, it's hard to watch when the guy playing is so terrible.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By joshthebear

Looks pretty solid, although the guy demoing is maybe the worst THPS player I've ever seen.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By strainedeyes

I've started getting real excited for this in the last few days. I hope it's solid.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6  Edited By JTB123

@Tylea002: I agree, something about that looks way too stiff and not anywhere as smooth as those games should be. I really hope it turns out good.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

Guy playing is hooooooooooooooooooooorible. Seriously.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

At the very beginning is that dude playing as an xbox live avatar? Neat.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShaggE

Looks good. Only thing I dislike (and it's extremely minor) is the switch from tapes to DVDs. I want to bask in the 90s-ness!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Tylea002 said:

Something looks off about it, I can't tell. It's clear it's not like the Halo HD thing - they don't have the old engine running underneath. The animations aren't as smooth and awesome as they were in the real neversoft days. I just hope it plays and feels exactly like a Tony Hawk game, because damn. They need to put neversoft back on this series if theyre properly rebooting it.

Neversoft eventually went to shit, though. If you don't believe me, pull out your copy of Project 8, and see how awful that game really was.

Neversoft should be let nowhere near Tony Hawk.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By musubi

@SpaceInsomniac: I thought project 8 was okay. Where it really went downhill is after that. Project 8 at least had the "create your own trick" stuff which was sort of bordering on what Skate ended up doing. It also got a little bit away from the absolute stupidity of the THUG games.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Tylea002

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Tylea002 said:

Neversoft eventually went to shit, though. If you don't believe me, pull out your copy of Project 8, and see how awful that game really was.

I will. And I will god damn enjoy it. I loved both it and Proving Ground - I even liked all that Nail The Trick stuff. Story was a load of wank but who gives a fuck? They were great games which I personally enjoyed coming back to every year.

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By STUVNING

I should probably just play THPS2/4 instead of getting this. Finding myself unreasonably bothered by the tiniest things, like the fonts.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@Tylea002: They said from the beginning that this was a completely new game that just uses the old levels, not an HD update or a straight up remake.

Hopefully it turns out good, but the lack of split-screen co-op or horse mode have killed it for me. Those two things were what made classic Tony Hawk great, I can't imagine how they thought leaving them out was a good idea.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Tylea002 said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Tylea002 said:

I will. And I will god damn enjoy it. I loved both it and Proving Ground - I even liked all that Nail The Trick stuff. Story was a load of wank but who gives a fuck? They were great games which I personally enjoyed coming back to every year.

Project 8 does not hold up at ALL. Frame rate issues make it play like crap. Not sure about Proving Ground, as I stopped after Project 8.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.