Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Too Human

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 19, 2008

In this action-RPG from Silicon Knights, players take on the role of the Norse god Baldur, whose protective feelings towards humanity and refusal to augment his body with cybernetics lead the other Aesir to label him "too human".

LOL 4 Years and ultimately this game is FAIL !

Sedarati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Sedarati

Will they even get to make a second or third if everyone forgets about this game in wake of all the other great 360 titles coming out...

hope they have a back up plan lol

game industry is cruel I love it XD

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I can't see it being a trilogy now unless they make the next games completely different, or actually make sure everything is polished first. Its actually been in development for 10 years though, not 4 :\

Sedarati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sedarati

it was conceived 10 years ago they started work on it 4 years ago, this is what one of the team said on an ign video interview, but yeah I agree with yer point

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Rowr

Probably wont make trilogy.

I dont think its going to necesarilly be a fail. The reviews are pretty varied much like assassins creed.

Many people will love it many people will hate it, its just that kind of game. I have heard generally positive opinions on the demo, I expect it to get some sales.

Im waiting for my copy to arrive right now.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Its not really varied Rowr...Assassin's creed generally got high scores...this game generally got shit scores, 5's-7's ..not a single 8 yet of a legitimate source I believe..Dyack said ' the game will speak for itself" well its spoken, and it said "mediocre for a game thought up 10 years ago"

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rowr
    pause422 said:
    "Its not really varied Rowr...Assassin's creed generally got high scores...this game generally got shit scores, 5's-7's ..not a single 8 yet of a legitimate source I believe..Dyack said ' the game will speak for itself" well its spoken, and it said "mediocre for a game thought up 10 years ago""
    assassins creed rated generally higher. But review scores were still pretty mixed, as was reception of the game. Thats were my comparison is.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

yeah I understand what you mean, I wasn't a big AC fan honestly, I intially liked it, but repetition happened way too fast and I got bored real quick...I just meant the review scores really, mixed between 5's-7's , even though mixed are still generally not making it look good for it, not even a single 8.0 or anything, I just meant AC generally got higher scores, some high 8's and 9's even, but it will definitely be a "you're either into this type of game ,or your not" thing like AC was, if you like loot whoring and basically a 3D diablo with a norse setting, then this is for you, and you already know if you do or not, and if you don't care for those things, it doesn't look like its gonna do much for anyone...it was explained pretty well who this game is for and isn't for in the IGN review.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

Ratings don't matter, it's all about sales.  You can't really compare Too Human to Assassin's Creed because AC had an ingenious marketing campaign...hire a pretty female and parade her around to all the nerds to sell the game.  Dennis Dyack is no Jade Raymond...just you watch.  You may laugh, but this is what it's all about. 

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#9  Edited By Soap
    MB said:
    "Ratings don't matter, it's all about sales.  You can't really compare Too Human to Assassin's Creed because AC had an ingenious marketing campaign...hire a pretty female and parade her around to all the nerds to sell the game.  Dennis Dyack is no Jade Raymond...just you watch.  You may laugh, but this is what it's all about. "
    Your also forgetting, AC was actually a good game...
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rowr
    MB said:
    "Ratings don't matter, it's all about sales.  You can't really compare Too Human to Assassin's Creed because AC had an ingenious marketing campaign...hire a pretty female and parade her around to all the nerds to sell the game.  Dennis Dyack is no Jade Raymond...just you watch.  You may laugh, but this is what it's all about. "
    Rowr said:
    "assassins creed rated generally higher. But review scores were still pretty mixed, as was reception of the game. Thats were my comparison is."
    again. The comparison was on critical reception.

pause422 said:
    "yeah I understand what you mean, I wasn't a big AC fan honestly, I intially liked it, but repetition happened way too fast and I got bored real quick...I just meant the review scores really, mixed between 5's-7's , even though mixed are still generally not making it look good for it, not even a single 8.0 or anything, I just meant AC generally got higher scores, some high 8's and 9's even, but it will definitely be a "you're either into this type of game ,or your not" thing like AC was, if you like loot whoring and basically a 3D diablo with a norse setting, then this is for you, and you already know if you do or not, and if you don't care for those things, it doesn't look like its gonna do much for anyone...it was explained pretty well who this game is for and isn't for in the IGN review."
    I actually thought I would hate AC after i read the reviews.

Eventually i hired it because there wasnt much else at the shop. I was so impressed I bought it the next day.

It never got repetetive for me because i never stopped enjoying what i was doing. I finished it to full completion and achievements (withstanding a few sets of flags.)
    I enjoyed collecting the clues to plan the assassination. I notice alot of people neglect that. I enjoyed the planning and then execution. Also I found some of the ideas thought provoking, even if they werent fully fleshed out/closed off.

Sedarati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Sedarati
    MB said:
    Lmfao awesome
    samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By samcotts
    MB said:
    I agree with what you initially said. Too Human doesn't have to be getting 10's to sell well, or be successful. Just because the game isn't AAA material, doesn't make it a disaster, a lot of other factors come into it.

I'm pretty sure Haze sold a hell of a lot more copies then what Psychonauts did, but Haze has an average score of 56%, and Psychonauts has 90%. Speaks for itself.
    KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By KingBroly
    MB said:
    Also, Assassin's Creed had TV commercials running 24/7.  Seriously, I saw about 8 a day for about 2 weeks for Assassin's Creed.  With Too Human...not so much.  The demo had a million downloads worldwide, and demos don't equate to sales I'm afraid.  Especially ones that received mixed reactions across the board.  Expect...150-200k.  We're not seeing Two Human.
    Avatar image for deactivated-65f9e2f09d481
    deactivated-65f9e2f09d481

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, too bad. Guess I'll be getting Gears of War 2, Saints Row 2 for enjoyment.

Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Dan
    Soap said:
    "MB said:
    Your also forgetting, AC was actually a good game..."
    That is like, totally your opinion, man.
    From what I played of the demo, people are being a bit harsh on Too Human. It's no blockbuster, but it seemed pretty fun and really spoke to my inner loot-hound. Like a less polished Nordic PSO. I think people struggle to keep it in perspective in light of all the ridiculous Dennis Dyack hype and drama.
    Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rowr
    Rowr said:
    "MB said:
    Rowr said:
    "assassins creed rated generally higher. But review scores were still pretty mixed, as was reception of the game. Thats were my comparison is."
    again. The comparison was on critical reception.

again, again just to be clear.

The comparison was on the reception of the game as far as love hate reaction. Assassins Creed was a big let down for some.
    Undeniably it sold better and is probably a better game, the casual market in particular lapped it up. But as far as the comparison im just reffering to the mixed reviews and reaction.
    Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By Aaron_G

I kinda guess this game would tank. 

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By pyromaniac
    MB said:
     I dont know about that MB...Denis looked like a major pimp when he was in bed with the penthouse bunnies during a promotional session.
    creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By creamstatic

well, I downloaded the demo and well... the gameplay mechanics where just OFF. controlling attack with the right analog stick? what was with that crazy sliding towards enemies? and the sounds from some of the soldiers was just, weird. I think some of them were on drugs. and the sounds the main character makes when he jumps is so loud. That suit must've weighed a pretty penny.
    that woman's voice at the start when you're selecting your class is annoying. She just wont shutup. was there an option to silence her? Too Human, was just Too much for me, but just cause I didnt like it, doesnt mean someone else wont.

One mans poo, is another man's chocolate.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I still want to play this game, mainly to satisfy my insatiable lust for loot. But if it's bad, then I guess it will make me all the more grateful for Diablo 3.

creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By creamstatic
    samcotts said:
    "MB said:
    I agree with what you initially said. Too Human doesn't have to be getting 10's to sell well, or be successful. Just because the game isn't AAA material, doesn't make it a disaster, a lot of other factors come into it.

I'm pretty sure Haze sold a hell of a lot more copies then what Psychonauts did, but Haze has an average score of 56%, and Psychonauts has 90%. Speaks for itself."

I agree with you here. IT's not a disaster, just its a bit like Marmite. You either love it, or well, you know the rest.
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DualReaver

Well it did a lot better than Prey.

Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Neopezz

Microsoft has said that despite the negative reviews they are still exited about making the trilogy.
    I also still want to play the game.

mikevanpwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mikevanpwn

I'm still buying this game when it drops in price.  I just  cant spend 60 bucks right now but I enjoyed the demo.

creamstatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By creamstatic
    DualReaver said:
    "Well it did a lot better than Prey."
    I'll probably reinforce your comment by saying: what is Prey?
    Ahh.. Just checked it out. Reminds me of Doom. woa, and some kinda Portal madness. Too human did better than that?
    DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DualReaver
    creamstatic said:
    "DualReaver said:
    "Well it did a lot better than Prey."
    I'll probably reinforce your comment by saying: what is Prey?
    Ahh.. Just checked it out. Reminds me of Doom. woa, and some kinda Portal madness. Too human did better than that?"
    It was a game that was in development since about 1995 and was finally finished and released in 2006 and flopped big time.
    Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Giantkitty
    MB said:
    And how much money they put into it. Since it took four years, it may have cost a lot. (It was developed by Silicon Knights who seem to be that way - a game every few years) Anyone have any numbers?
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    MB said:
    God, I hate humanity.
    HitNRun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HitNRun

Too Human will do fine. You'd think from reading forum topics that it was a pile of shit on the level of pre-patch Ultima 9.

True on the point about Dennis Dyack going Derek Smart on internet forums vs. Jayde Raymond getting interviewed (with photos) by Sweaty Geek Monthly though. People (as you can see from comments all over) now have a vested interest in Too Human being bad, thanks to Dyack.

The demo itself will sell copies, though. It certainly changed my opinion of the game for the better, maybe not enough to buy a copy in this insane holiday rush though.

Soulglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Soulglove

I think I'm more upset because they didn't get permission to make a bad game with Norse concepts. Being Norwegian, I was hoping a better company would make a better game from influences of my ancestors. As of late I have to say nothing, even movies, have captured the Norse history or mythology accurately. This is a shame, really, because we really are a proud and happy people.

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Subway

People who refer to things as "fail" make themselves sound like such losers.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DualReaver
    Subway said:
    "People who refer to things as "fail" make themselves sound like such losers."
    I find this post to be fail.
    Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Riddler

if it sells well, these pitty scores wont matter shit

Sedarati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sedarati

True, good point

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.