Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Too Human

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 19, 2008

In this action-RPG from Silicon Knights, players take on the role of the Norse god Baldur, whose protective feelings towards humanity and refusal to augment his body with cybernetics lead the other Aesir to label him "too human".

Too Human, or not Too Human?

labman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By labman

GOD DAMMIT!!! I just listened to the most recent episode of the Bombcast and now I want/NEED to pick up a copy of freaking Too Human! So, how horrible is this game? Is it worth picking up a cheap-ass used copy and playing it? Or, should I just download it on Xbox through games on demand and play it that way? Or #2, should I just buy a sealed copy for my collection and forget about playing it?

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BestUsernameEver

If you're interested in it, even at a curious level to see how bad it is, don't stop yourself from buying it. This rule does not apply to duke nukem forever and Postal 3, though.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By MEATBALL

Pick up a cheap copy and check it out. People have been known to like it, hell, Jeff even liked it. (It didn't do much for me, but I have friends who have loved it)

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ajamafalous
    @BestUsernameEver said:

If you're interested in it, even at a curious level to see how bad it is, don't stop yourself from buying it. This rule does not apply to duke nukem forever and Postal 3, though.

I actively enjoy DNF.
    themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By themangalist

@ajamafalous said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

I actively enjoy DNF.
    billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By billyhoush

I got a brand new copy a year ago off eBay for $6. I've kept it sealed because my 360 died before it arrived in the mail. I am keeping this cursed video game and passing it on to my grandkids.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kishinfoulux

I thought the game was great. Loved the analog combat system. The story had some promise, but obviously we'll never get a sequel. It's a shame reviewers shit on the game from the get go, instead of properly giving it its due.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@ajamafalous said:

@BestUsernameEver said:

I actively enjoy DNF.

Of course there are going to be a few fans of something, but I am pretty sure everyone else thinks it's offensive, uninspired junk. But I am absolutely serious when I say good on you for enjoying something I can't.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fattony12000
    No Caption Provided
    joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By joshthebear

God no, it's garbage. The combat system is interesting, but everything else about it is horrifically boring.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By SerHulse

If I can get it for cheap, and I mean fucking dirt cheap, I will probably buy it myself, I would refuse to spend more than a couple of quid on a game I know I probably won't like.

@Labman: Don't get it off of Games on Demand, it's going to be far more expensive than buying it used.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By demonbear

This game is much better than people are saying. Its just that when it came out, with the 10 years in development thing, people were ready to bash this thing right out of the gates.

It is not a perfect game, that's for sure, but it is an action rpg about space vikings, with cool cutscenes, a nice story inspired by norse mythology and nice looking color coded loot. I finished that game and have very fond memories of it. If I had an xbox 360 still, i'd still have a copy of Too human.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MideonNViscera

This was the most boring game ever. I really wanted to like it, and I had no clue how long it was in development for or how it reviewed. Unfortunately it was super fucking boring. Bland looking as all hell, and the whole unskippable dying cutscene was the nail in the coffin. It was a good idea for a game, it just sucked balls.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FritzDude

I really enjoyed the demo when it first came out - which I strongly recommend you check out first, if it's still available - but all the negativity from the media & users made me not want to purchase it, so I never did. I feel bad about it actually, & I can say it's one of the few games that opinions had such an impact on me. I haven't played the game since so I don't know how it holds up today.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By Svenzon

I bought a copy last Christmas for 5 dollars or so and couldn't even bring myself to finishing the first mission. The combat, while interesting on paper, has no feeling of weight or power whatsoever and the performance is choppy as hell. Also, who thought that death cutscene was a good idea?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By csl316

2Human, muthafucka!

By which I mean, watch the Too Human video review here to get everything you need to know.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#17  Edited By AndrewB

I wanted a copy of Too Human before this debacle, and now it's already too expensive for me to bother with from most places. Maybe I'll check out the "local" Walmart and Gamestop.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MegaLombax

I was really hyped for the game when it was announced, but I just bought a copy of the game early this year as I finally got myself a 360. I gotta say, I really tried to like the game, but its far too repetitive for me. The graphics are okay, combat system needs a bit of getting used to, storyline was bland. The gameplay really killed any interest left in me to continue playing. It gets really boring really quick. I put in around 7-8 hours of quality time with this one though. Interesting concept on both setting and combat mechanics, but poorly executed.

labman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By labman

@Fattony12000 said:

No Caption Provided

NICE!

@AndrewB said:

I wanted a copy of Too Human before this debacle, and now it's already too expensive for me to bother with from most places. Maybe I'll check out the "local" Walmart and Gamestop.

Yeah, that's what I think I'll end up doing too. Looked on eBay last night and the price for a sealed copy was considerably more than I want to pay.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By AndrewB

@Labman: Considering on the fact that I passed on it for $10, it'll be rough paying twice that amount at least for a copy of it now that it's all but extinct, which sucks because I actually want to play it rather than collect it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

LOL still waiting for the last two games for this trilogy.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kishinfoulux

So did you ever end up picking up the game TS?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It's actually not bad, just very clunky and confusing. Interesting ideas and I kind of enjoyed the premise.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By devilzrule27

The game is no where near terrible. It's a standard run of the mill game that has it's fair share of issues. The only reason people even cared about it was because it was hyped up before release. Otherwise the game would have been forgotten about soon after release like all the other meddling games that get released every year.

EDIT: Now i see this thread was almost a month old. Well then...

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My problem with the game is that they took this novel premise, this non-standard combat system, this involved loot system, all these things that should make their game especially interesting, and yet still came out the other end with a product that is fantastically boring.

It's fine, overall. It isn't broken schlocky. It simply doesn't have the polish it ought to, despite being a game that was in development for something like a decade.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By musclerider

It's really not as bad as people make it out to be.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By SirPsychoSexy
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By fattony12000
    No Caption Provided
    dystonym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dystonym

I picked it up for £0.99 in a used video games store. Saw it at that price and thought "#YOLO."

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I didn't think the game was bad just not what I was hoping for from both a story and game play perspective. I have toyed with the idea of going back and playing from the beginning since I didn't get that far into it but can't really be motivated putting in the time when there are other games I could be playing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.