Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Too Human

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 19, 2008

In this action-RPG from Silicon Knights, players take on the role of the Norse god Baldur, whose protective feelings towards humanity and refusal to augment his body with cybernetics lead the other Aesir to label him "too human".

What's wrong with this game?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I'm really curious to what exactly is it. 

What's the problem?  I've been playing it for about 4 hours now and this seems like a damn well made action game with a strong rpg/looting backbone to it.  Maybe it's because I got it for $10, but why did people score this game so low?  It's tremendously polished, has a well presented LOTR type feeling stories, and the combat is satisfying.

I'm just curious, was this truly a victim of Neogaf?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

You know, I think people viewed this game wrong. 

I personally view this as a story focused game with pretty fun combat and then some rpg backings.
    I think when you think of it as an rpg or as an action game instead of what it is,  something becomes lacking.  Sort of dealing with the length too.  

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By deadmonkeys

What's wrong? It's on 360. (runs away)

Riesezzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Riesezzz

i enjoyed it, great diablo style game

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By neoepoch

It is boring and the controls are dumb.

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By FCKSNAP

From what I know, it wasn't as strong a loot game as people really wanted. Don't really know, though, as I thought it would eventually make it to PC (really wanted to play, but not that hard).

Borderlands is coming, though, which I have been following for what seems like a decade; actually only half of that, but I round up!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @SmugDarkLoser said:
    " I'm really curious to what exactly is it.  What's the problem?  I've been playing it for about 4 hours now and this seems like a damn well made action game with a strong rpg/looting backbone to it.  Maybe it's because I got it for $10, but why did people score this game so low?  It's tremendously polished, has a well presented LOTR type feeling stories, and the combat is satisfying. I'm just curious, was this truly a victim of Neogaf? "
    "tremendously polished" is maybe the biggest overstatement I have ever read. But that aside, yeah I thought it deserved better reviews. I think Jeff's review got it about right. Its not really bad or really good, but somewhere inbetween.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By ImperiousRix

I only played the demo, and that kinda unsold me on the game.  I felt like it looked far too unpolished, it's control scheme was somewhat ill-concieved.
    I know the demo doesn't really let you experience the loot system, but still.  I felt if the game wasn't going to be an enjoyable experience for me with what I played.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    @JJWeatherman said:
    "@SmugDarkLoser said:
    " I'm really curious to what exactly is it.  What's the problem?  I've been playing it for about 4 hours now and this seems like a damn well made action game with a strong rpg/looting backbone to it.  Maybe it's because I got it for $10, but why did people score this game so low?  It's tremendously polished, has a well presented LOTR type feeling stories, and the combat is satisfying. I'm just curious, was this truly a victim of Neogaf? "
    "tremendously polished" is maybe the biggest overstatement I have ever read. But that aside, yeah I thought it deserved better reviews. I think Jeff's review got it about right. Its not really bad or really good, but somewhere inbetween."
    Really?  I thought so.  Very well presented, nice looking worlds.  Good cinematography.  Subtle, but still strong.
    Is it really because people could figure out the control scheme?  I guess.  I actually like it and see why they did it.  Surprisingly deep combat.

But again, the games more about the experience, not the combat.
    Perhaps people are comparing this to Diablo even?  It's again, not, it's more of a movie type game experience.

And I don't think it's somewhere in between because the game is obviously well done, it's just perhaps something you either like or don't?  Hit or miss perhaps?
    *SPOILER*

Maybe I'm just a sucker for a well presented story and love subtlety but when that leader guy turned off the hologram disguise of the paradise and revealed the cold cyberpunk sort of wasteland I just liked it a whole lot.

*SPOILER*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.