Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Top Spin 4

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

The fourth entry in 2K Sports' Top Spin series released in March 2011. This edition brings new features such as PlayStation Move & 3D support.

Nice to know that this game is popular

Silock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Silock
    Should have no trouble finding games online : /  

Tennis games gone out of fashion suddenly? 
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

Tennis was in fashion?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Andorski

Virtua Tennis or nothing.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I loved Top Spin 2. Loved. 

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By donchipotle

I only play Virtua Tennis. Top Spin is fun, but I'm a VT guy.

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By kmg90

As much as I loved the first Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast, I have to say Top Spin 4 is the overall winner in terms of presentation and depth.

I recently was in a tennis mood (which is something I haven't had in a long time) so I tried both Top Spin 4's and Virtual Tennis 4's demo off the PSN Store,  it was very night and day with my impressions from both games. 

Top Spin's presentation (graphics, animations, crowd effects) instantly became one my favorite things about Top Spin 4, as well as the very easy but in-depth control scheme, however a very short demo that kept me want to come back for more!

Virtual Tennis 4's demo was more focused on showing the "career" world tour mode that I remember faintly from the first game, while I enjoyed the minigames, repetitiveness and overall lack of challenge left me annoyed. Once I finally entered an actual tennis match, thats when I really determined the winner in my book.

It's no secret VT's style of play tends to lean on the arcade, easier to play side of things but I felt the gameplay lacked the depth that TS4 has and implements so well!

I would play online but I just purchased the game and my character can barely hold up in a doubles match with pro teammate and opponents !

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.