Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

Console not working in demo

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tyrrael

I was going to play around with the console in the demo, but I can't get it to work. I went into the settings file and changed the console attribute from 0 to 1, making sure I saved after, but it doesn't work. Just to clarify, I changed the settings while I was not playing the game. That is, I was not Alt+Tabbed out of the game and then changed it. I changed it and then started the game. However, when I go into the game, it doesn't work, and then when I went to check the settings file, it is changed back to a zero. I did this a few times, and yes, I made sure I saved each time and not just close the file or click save as instead. I can even reopen the file after I save and close it, and the console attribute is still 1, but once I start the game, it's like it changes back automatically. If I access it after closing the game, it is changed back. Does anyone know if the console is available in the demo, or is this just a glitch of some kind? On a side not, I did verify the local files just to make sure something wasn't corrupted, and it was all fine.

And please, to anyone that reads this, don't just call me a cheater. I would not go online and play with a cheat character, nor would I even play seriously through the game solo with a cheat character. It basically breaks the game, hence the word, "cheating". I just wanted to mess around and have a little fun, which, last time I checked, was the purpose of games. So please don't bother me with insults.

NOTE: I figured it out. The console commands do not work in the demo. I just went ahead and purchased the full version after finishing the demo and found that it works fine. The game is also good, and I would recommend it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.