Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

How does difficulty work?

copax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By copax

I can't seem to find a description on how difficulty works in T2. I'm playing on Casual now, with the thought that I could then start a new game + on Normal, play through again, and then maybe do another new game + on the next difficulty. However, I'm hearing rumblings, that when you make a character, you're locked into the difficulty you create them on. Also, how does difficulty scale for multi-player? If my character is Casual, and my friend is Normal and we play a game, will it just match the difficulty of the player who creates the game?

Sorry if these are stupid questions and I'm just missing something obvious.

dahitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By dahitman

You can change difficulty on multiplayer games (there's a drop down menu when you create a game), not sure how that will affect your single player experience though.

Also I would recommend playing on Normal for easy mode, unless you have literally no previous gaming experience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.