Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight II

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Sep 20, 2012

The sequel to Runic Games' Torchlight, it features four new classes, a much bigger world, online co-op play, and a host of other new features.

Will Torchlight 2 be on xbox360?

superfiasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By superfiasco

Ive tried searching around and have not found any solid information about the 360 version? If its coming out does anyone known when? Thanks

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

If you've found no solid info, then it's a pretty good bet that they haven't planned a 360 release.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Mystyr_E

No

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BonOrbitz

I have no clue. As of right now, the PC release date is just "Summer 2012" and there has been no word on the 360 as far as I know. I guess it depends on how well the first one did on XBL. I hope they announce something soon and release it before the rumored console edition of Diablo III.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Grixxel

Noooooo. No, no, no. Haha- no.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

First hit on google.

"Super-sized PC action RPG sequel Torchlight 2 is too big to fit on Xbox Live Arcade and will need to be "comprehensively redesigned" if it's ever to see a console release, developer Runic Games has revealed."

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

@Kaiserreich said:

First hit on google.

"Super-sized PC action RPG sequel Torchlight 2 is too big to fit on Xbox Live Arcade and will need to be "comprehensively redesigned" if it's ever to see a console release, developer Runic Games has revealed."

A bit of clarification on that one:

UPDATE: Runic has clarified via its Twitter feed that it's the XBLA memory limit that's the problem, not the file size restriction.

I assume that by "memory", they mean "RAM", in which case the answer is "no, the exact same game that's coming out on PC won't be on Xbox 360".

I guess they might redesign it for the Xbox, but it won't be the same day release date if they do. And that's a bit "might"; I wouldn't bet on it.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

No, play on pc. Not demanding game.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Does torchlight 2 PC still have a netbook mode like the first one did? If so, it'll run on almost any PC from the last 5 years, if not longer.

superfiasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By superfiasco

The main reason why I was asking is because I don't have a pc. I was pumped for diablo 3 and the night before diablo came out my computer crashed. It looks to be a mother board issue so I was looking for an alliterative I might have some fun on the xbox.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DeF

@MattyFTM said:

Does torchlight 2 PC still have a netbook mode like the first one did? If so, it'll run on almost any PC from the last 5 years, if not longer.

last I heard, probably not?

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
    whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The developer specifically said they wanted a game that would run on anything.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It'll most likely happen eventually, given how popular the first was on the 360. I wouldn't expect it for a while though, maybe not even until the next gen systems.

superfiasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By superfiasco

I just have the Diablo itch and was looking for something to itch it. But it seems like the time the game comes out to 360 (if it does) Ill prob get around to fixing my computer and will just play Diablo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
    deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They say no, but given the way Torchlight 1 sold on 360, I suspect they'll try and get the sequel on there despite what they're saying right now.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pweidman

@Soapy86 said:

They say no, but given the way Torchlight 1 sold on 360, I suspect they'll try and get the sequel on there despite what they're saying right now.

Agree totally. They'll figure it out, especially considering their competition on pc. Games on demand could be an option too.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Slaegar

@whyareyoucrouchingspock said:

The developer specifically said they wanted a game that would run on anything.

Anything probably excludes the insanely outdated ie: Apple II or an Xbox 360.

I'm still holding out for an IBM 5100 version personally. I love to game on the go!

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

There was an interview in Game Informer a few months back with the Max Schaefer where he mentioned how completely F'd the store on XBL is and the hassle of getting Torchlight 1 to be a visible product on the 360 Store (which is weird, it still sold pretty good from what I remember). he also said it sold quite a bit better on the PC than the 360 due to the visibility issues on the store compared to Steam. He also said it was too big and exceeded the memory limits on the platform. He definitely didn't come across as a man with any intention of bringing TL2 to the 360.

So, yeah, probably Spring of 2013.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.