Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Torchlight is a Diablo-style action RPG from Runic Games. The game features three classes, randomly generated dungeons, and lots and lots of loot.

Character Builds

Nonethewiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nonethewiser

Does anyone know of a good reference for character builds (stats, items, skills, spells, companion trinkets/spells)?
    If not I think it would be worth documenting that here, although I would suggest different threads for each character. Unfortunately (or fortunately for me actually :)) I am playing through Torchlight for the first time, so I don't have a build to offer yet.

Avatar image for platypusplatoon
    PlatypusPlatoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PlatypusPlatoon

For the warrior, put all your points into passives (Martial Weapons Expertise, Dual Wield, Armor Expertise), equip two one-handers, and just use Slash until level 25.  It's surprisingly powerful, because while its skill description makes it read like a cleave attack, it's one of the few skills to use "all equiped weapons", which means you can deal a lot of damage with it whether you're facing one enemy or a half dozen.  Supplementary defensive skills like Shadow Armor and Frost Shield are useful for their block and damage reduction, respectively.  At level 25, grab Devastate, watch your warrior become a human wrecking machine, and go to town on the baddies.

Stat-wise, you can do something like 3:2 for Str:Def.  If you're on Hardcore, you probably want more in Defence.

Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Vision

If you wanna try out a different Vanquisher build you should try this one out.  

NOTE: Don't get put off by being weak in the start just farm Hatch portals and map scrolls to outlevel the main quest.

Props goes to Rhaps. :) 

The Tanking Rogue:

Watch out for dragons, spectres and trees they can be a bitch.

Main Talents are as followed. (Once that is done Adventurer, Advanced Spellcasting, Charm Mastery and such will be nice features)

Marksman:

10/10 Critical Strikes
    10/10 Block and Parry

Rogue:

10/10 Armour Expertise
    1-5/10 Wind of Justice (i recommend just putting 1 point in this)
     10/10 Defensive Spell Mastery
     10/10 Venomous Dirks
     10/10 Hamstring 
     10/10 Martial Weapon Expertise

Arbiter:

10/10 Flechette Traps

Stats:

Put 2 points in Strength and Defense and switch between 1 point in Dexterity and Magic each level.

Once your Strength and Defense is at 70 put 3 points in Strength and 2 in Magic each level till you need more Defense for your gear. 

Gear:

Your main priority is block chance, crit chance and heavy resists. 

Mana steal, attack speed and knockback can be very nice to have too.

Spells:

I myself recommend Elemental Protection, Heal All, Summon skeletons (remember you can summon 5 of them), Summon Blood Skeletons(a rare spell drop that will spawn skeletons that steals life for you), Summon Skeleton Archers(if you get Blood Skeletons unlearn the Archers to make space).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.