Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Torchlight is a Diablo-style action RPG from Runic Games. The game features three classes, randomly generated dungeons, and lots and lots of loot.

Keeps crashing on my mac

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

So I started playing and at first it would crash everytime I tried to talk to the salesman guy. then I turned down all the settings and it would work. THEN when I went into the mine it would crash as soon as I started attacking monsters.  

What do I do? 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ajamafalous

Well, I could make a dick post like "Well your problem is that you're using a mac," or I could offer genuine help.

I'm feeling nice tonight. Check the forums on Runic's website, and if you're playing through Steam, try the Torchlight Steam forums as well.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devil240Z
    @ajamafalous:  This damn mac is all I have until I get paid and can finish building my new gaming PC!  

I just figured that torchlight was the one game that HAD to run on my shitty macbook. 

EDIT: looking at steam forums and there is one guy who is having the same problem but I wont be able to post until a mod gets around to approving my account.  

err found this... not looking good for me playing this on my macbook 

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12383&sid=698896e33a478bbb863eced9dfd25503 
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

Which mac do you have? 

Try netbook mode? If it can run on a netbook, it can run on anything! That's my theory anyway...
    Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Shirogane said:
    " Which mac do you have?  Try netbook mode? If it can run on a netbook, it can run on anything! That's my theory anyway... "
    that was my theory too but the problem seems to be deep. something to do with particles. no fix has been posted in the runic forums yet.  
    gpbmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By gpbmike

I was playing it just fine on my Mac a week or two ago, but I haven't been able to start it up again after the most recent update. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.