Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Torchlight is a Diablo-style action RPG from Runic Games. The game features three classes, randomly generated dungeons, and lots and lots of loot.

Torchlight's boss battles are glitchy (minor beginning spoilers)?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

I've bought TL off the recent Steam sale and I've been enjoying it so far, but I've bumped into a major problem in the first 1-2 hours of the game that I was wondering if anyone else has experienced.  

So the first boss group after Brink with the 3 warrior ghosts; as a rogue all I had to do was walk up towards the nearest ledge and for some reason they couldn't follow me up once I moved to the side a little. This left me able to kill the bosses and everyone else in the room without getting hit once. Later on with the boss that is able to spawn skeletons at the end of that dungeon level, I moved back a bit and it got stuck between two stacks of books. This blocked all of its range spells and somehow also deterred it from spawning more skeletons. So first 2 real bosses in the game, and I've managed to beat them both without a scratch basically because of pathing issues.  

Has anyone else had these and should I be worried for similar issues later on? Or am I just a genius and have figured out how to break the game without cheats? 

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Cerza

I definitely didn't experience that when I played through it. However, I played through Torchlight right when it came out. The only issue I found with the rogue was that later in the game it was possible to shoot off the screen and hit enemies in parts of the map I hadn't accessed yet. Combine that with over powering my bow and things died before the trigger activated for them to attack. The only pathing issues I encountered were involving the dog in some of the more complex dungeons and those were very minor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.