Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Torchlight

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

Torchlight is a Diablo-style action RPG from Runic Games. The game features three classes, randomly generated dungeons, and lots and lots of loot.

What Class are you playing

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ToxicFruit
    The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Drizzle

Is this game worth the twenty bucks? Without co-op i was wondering if i should pick this up or just buy diablo 2

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ShadowKiller

Since I'm rocking a Barbarian main on Diablo 2 right now I think if I were to buy the game I'd be a Destroyer.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ToxicFruit
    @The_Drizzle said:
    " Is this game worth the twenty bucks? Without co-op i was wondering if i should pick this up or just buy diablo 2 "
    Yes I am completely stuck in it. and I think there is a demo somewhere if you want to try
    labam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By labam89

Vanquisher. So far I'm enjoying it.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous
    @The_Drizzle said:
    " Is this game worth the twenty bucks? Without co-op i was wondering if i should pick this up or just buy diablo 2 "
    You will get infinitely more replayability from Diablo II than you will from Torchlight.

That being said, the Torchlight demo impressed me, and if it goes on sale I'll probably end up buying it.
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By breadfan

I played as the destroyer class in the demo and I will most likely continue to play as him when I buy the full version. 

I usually play as the fighter class in RPGs and then come back to the other classes once I have beaten the game.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NickL

obviously this game would be better with coop, but if me buying this game for 20 bucks truly does lead to them making an mmo like mythos, then i will buy it... i only got to play a little of mythos but it was extremely fun and had alot of potential

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Crono

Alchemist on Very Hard.  My minions and crowd spells make me into a walking wave of death.  I only wish that there was a critter counter to tell me how many of a particular demon are still left alive.  Screen clutter can make it difficult to tell in the middle of some of the battles.

bradgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bradgrace
    @Crono said:
    " Alchemist on Very Hard.  My minions and crowd spells make me into a walking wave of death.  I only wish that there was a critter counter to tell me how many of a particular demon are still left alive.  Screen clutter can make it difficult to tell in the middle of some of the battles. "
    I'm playing alchemist on Very Hard, as well; although my character isn't so much about the waves of minions as he is a walking glass cannon, nuking everything by himself. Shit is fun as hell.
    yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By yakov456

Can a basic 2009 era desktop handle this game? Looked kind of cool but I dont really play games on the pc.

Wunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Wunder

Vanquisher.  Going ranger skill tree -- are the melee/trap trees any good? I only put a point or two in the armor in the melee tree. Currently about level 15-20 trying to max out my crit and my xp gain. I only have Ricochet as my one active spell. >< My doggie is awesome though. Do you guys feel like getting gems/spells are a bit annoying and tedious? In Diablo 2 you'd get an item that would have like 2 sockets and it'd be a really good item, but now almost every item I have has a socket in them but I only have shitty ass gems! Do you get better gems as you go on or do you just stay at cracked/dull/discolored drops and have to transmute them?  

SirBlimE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SirBlimE

Destroyer. Loving the game so far, and without a doubt worth the 20bucks, and like a brilliant poster said before me: if this paves the way for a new Mythos, then it's money well spent. I love the "dungeons-within-the-dungeon" Like when you kill a phase-walker or quest portals with their own little setting.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Griddler

Alchemist.  

@yakov456 said:

" Can a basic 2009 era desktop handle this game? Looked kind of cool but I dont really play games on the pc. "

Try the demo.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @yakov456 said:
    " Can a basic 2009 era desktop handle this game? Looked kind of cool but I dont really play games on the pc. "
    Most likely, yes. I'm running it on max with my crappy laptop with great frames. It's surprisingly undemanding. Pretty cool actually.
    Innovacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Innovacious
    @yakov456: 
    On my 3 year old gaming rig i underclock my GPU  to about half the stock speeds (260Mhz Core, 602Mhz Shader, 400Mhz Memory) when playing this game and it still runs smooth, so im guessing it would run well on most newish rigs.
    Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Darkstar614

I'm loving the Alchemist Battle tree. Reminds me a lot of an Enhancement Shaman from WoW. A Dual-Wielding murder machine with lightning powers.

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ToxicFruit

I am playing the Destroyer. putting most of my skill points in berserker  tree and a few in the titan tree for the aoe spells

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By yakov456

Thanks for the help guys, I think I will try the demo. Looks like a good time.

Noted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Noted

Marksman vanquisher

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Axersia

I beat Normal with an Arcane Alchemist and I'm currently working on Very Hard with a Rogue Vanquisher.

nok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By nok
    @The_Drizzle said:
    So far it is really enjoyable. Nice lively animations, very bright and colorful environments. Have only tried out the vanquisher so far which is pretty much a ranged dps class and its pretty cool. Good assortment of abilities and spells to customize your toon with and tons of loot.
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By gosukiller

Playing alchemist, just nuking all with my fire bombs and ancient egyptian lazerbeams with awesome knockdown ^^. I love this game.
    Question! Is there a way to redeem my skillpoints and re-spec my character? I'd like to see how other builds would work out for me.

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thecleric

Arcane Alchemist 

holy shit Ember Spark is beast, i'm Iron Man on roids, that being said I'm pretty sure Destroyer's the best first time class, he can take a whole lot more abuse.

test0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By test0r

First played it through with a Vanq on normal, which was way to easy...

Just spend everything on enchants for a single 2h wep and max out Explosive shot and then just get every passive you want.
    By the end I was criting about 25% of the time for 13~k damage.

Now I'm playing a second time with a Vanq on VH.

Turtlefuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By Turtlefuzz

Playing an Alchemist on Hard. 
    Loads of fun, my dog has summon zombies, and if I can find another summon spell I'll probably give that to him too. I just enjoy zapping dudes with the faux chain lightning.

limewizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By limewizard

I'm crap with pretty much any long range class, and any magic casting class is too much of a hassle, so I stick with my Destroyer and litterally plough through everything. I LOVE THE BLOOD.

Om. Nom......

Nom.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By SpecTackle

Played my destroyer to level 28, about the 31st mine floor. Pretty fun but the Alchemist is next on the list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.