Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total Miner

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 24, 2011

Total Miner is a block Building/Mining sandbox indie game.

Poor mans minecraft

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By laserbolts

So I don't currently have a pc and was wondering if anyone out there has tried this out. It's called Total Miner: Forge and it's on xbla. Should I stay away from this and ask my roomate if I can use his pc or download this?

TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TearsInRain

I'd suggest just getting Minecraft.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By amomjc

I bought it for me and my wife since were not hardcore enough for minecraft but enjoyed Terraria. It's definitely no Minecraft but its still a lot of fun, especially for less than $5,

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By soldierg654342

I suggest you get Minecraft after the Adventure update hits. The worst thing is having to start a new world in Minecraft because the new content only applies to new chuncks. Also, you won't have to deal with all the game changing stuff. It'll just be the game to you.  

That is, of course, if the Adventure update contains everything is purported to. 

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By laserbolts
    @csoup Cool dude maybe I will check it out and like you said it is cheap as hell. @SoldierG654342 thanks for the heads up I might wait it out but I really want to get in on that community server and check it out.
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By onarum
    @csoup said:

I bought it for me and my wife since were not hardcore enough for minecraft but enjoyed Terraria. It's definitely no Minecraft but its still a lot of fun, especially for less than $5,

The word hardcore being used in the same sentence as minecraft amuses me.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By EuanDewar
    amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By amomjc

@onarum said:

@csoup said:

The word hardcore being used in the same sentence as minecraft amuses me.

Well when you look at some of the things people do in Minecraft, I would call that hardcore. Hardcore to means a ton of determination, effort, and skill put into a project. That's just me though.

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By soldierg654342
    @laserbolts: If what you want to do is test the waters and get on the community server, then go ahead and get Minecraft. Just don't get too investing in any of your personal worlds. I'm having to abandon this because the world it's on is too big for it to be practical for me to see most of the new content that will come with 1.8.   

However, after some brief research, Total Miner seems sufficiently different enough from Minecraft as to not be litigious, but similar enough to be comparable. I wouldn't necessarily say it's an either/or prospect. 
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

@TearsInRain said:

I'd suggest just getting Minecraft.

This is the correct response.

Halos_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#11  Edited By Halos_god

Its an okay game.

Phreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Phreaker

I have really enjoyed the game. I plays really well with a good framerate. Certainly worth the $3 asking price. It has a creative mode if all you want to do is build as well as the Dig Deep mode which is inspired by one of my other favorite XBLIG Miner Dig Deep. It's different than Minecraft in that it has a currency system and shops. Also, you cannot build or buy most things without first finding their blueprint. (I have Minecraft, but that doesn't stop me from playing this as well as Castleminer Z).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.