Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Total War: Rome II

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 03, 2013

The successor to the acclaimed Rome: Total War and the eighth main entry in the Total War series, Total War: Rome II returns the series to classical antiquity.

Rome II Video Demo - Campaign & Historical Battle

Citizengamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Citizengamer

Courtesy of Eurogamer at Rezzed 2013 Developer Sessions. Would be nice to see that they actually improved the AI in a meaningful way, but campaign features look nice.

Citizengamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry about double post, can a forum admin/mod remove the other?

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MocBucket62

Saw this before, agreed hope the AI acts more intelligent in this game, but at least this demo was done differently than in E3. I couldn't help but laugh when the player launched the flaming boulders into his own chariots. But hearing about what they are trying to do, this AI might by the most formidable in the series (All fighting in a specific style).

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo

Can't wait. Think it's a lot easier in general to get the AI to act competently in melee heavy fighting than in Empire/Napoleon style, so I doubt it'll be too bad.

That said, I just played through a Napoleon campaign with DarthMod and it's a massive improvement. Really impressed with it.

SenorMartinez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm just stoked it's going to be back in Rome again. The way the roman legions fight made the first game easily my favorite. Though I really liked the others too.

Going to guess the AI will be an improvement over Shogun 2, but still not flawless, because these games just have too much going on in them.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Dacnomaniac

Damn misleading title! I thought this was a link to a demo download. >:(

Citizengamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dacnomaniac: Apologies good sir! Title is changed. Never want to mislead my fellow Total War fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.