Procedural quaint island town building toy

Loving this not quite a game

Phoenix654

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

I guess Rorie did a stream including this a while ago, must have missed it, but I just discovered Townscaper recently. I can honestly say it's one of the most joyous, uplifting things I've 'played' in a while. I say 'played' because it isn't exactly a game, it's just a model town builder. There is no gameplay. you have no monetary constraints, no townspeople to appease, no goal to reach. All that said, it's delightful and charming as hell. In my first couple hours with the game, I made myself a couple of backgrounds (Shared below) to use for my desktop and it only spurred more ideas from there.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

If you haven't tried it, it's pretty cheap on Steam (six bucks, currently 10% off) and is coming to Switch sometime this summer. If you make something cool, share a pic or two of it here, I'd love to see what people come up with with the toolset.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

It's really a neat way to spend a few minutes. With a bit more functionality, some kind of follow up to this could be potentially useful to map creators, dungeon masters, and writers.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
    lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

This is really pleasant. I do wish it had more functionality, its ease of use is both its greatest asset and curse for me right now. (Let me draw several tiles at once dammit!)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.