Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Toy Soldiers: War Chest

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 11, 2015

Scrapping the themed army battles of previous installments, War Chest fuses many classic toy themes into one strategy-defense action game (including crossover factions with G.I. Joe and Masters of the Universe).

so anyone got this?

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

When I first heard about this it was a must buy but some steam reviews seem less then favorable, anyone got it yet?

May just wait for a QL

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Well most of the steam reviews are complaining about the DLC, UPlay, and a 30 FPS lock. Not that those aren't legit gripes but if you look through the reviews that's clearly the agenda most of the negative reviews have. Even saw legit positive reviews that acknowledge the complaints be thoroughly downvoted for further examples of an agenda at play, which is what it is.

Not even saying I disagree with a lot of it. The DLC especially. Just make the game $30 out of the gate or something rather than doing this (you can just buy a $30 version to be fair, but they didn't market all this stuff as DLC and I'm fine with DLC mostly but don't like this much paid DLC on day one). I have already resigned myself to getting at least the two GI Joe DLC packs when I get the game (was really looking forward to those being in there and assumed when they were in the marketing they were going to be in the base game) so I'm just looking it as a $25 game vs a $15 one. Which means I'm waiting for a sale instead of buying now.

I really liked the other games in the series and this seems better in all ways otherwise. More units, more co-op potential, better graphics. If you're fine with those three issues I'd get it. Like I said before, I'm waiting because of the price but I think it looks great. I think putting licenses in is an extremely natural fit and this game could have real legs just buy plugging in any property that was heavy with action figures.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I totally forgot that this was a thing until I saw this topic. I guess I'll wait for a quick look.

iambeaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I liked the first two games. The game looks cool with the licensed characters. However, I think Ubisoft screwed up when it brought in the Assassin's Creed faction. I never played with Assassin's Creed characters as a child and it just takes me out of the fantasy.

Most likely, I will wait until this game goes on sale or until the QL is made.

Avatar image for a_faceless_name
    A_Faceless_Name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up the PS4 version at Target. They have 20% off with Cartwheel app, and then 5% off with Redcard(or 10% online). So I paid $22 for all the bells and whistles currently in it. Pretty rad after the tutorial, but something feels very off with the aiming.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Offtopic but Brad mentioned this had a copyright MS on the title screen. Anyone know why? I know they published i think the first 2 games but do they own the rights to the Toy Soldiers franchise?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.