Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trackmania

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jul 01, 2020

A new Trackmania patterned after Trackmania Nations, released in July 2020.

Tier Access & Features

savutano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By savutano

Standard access allows you to play a curated list of 'Track-of-the-Day' Campaigns.

Whereas, Club level access grants:

• Benefit from the all the features of Standard Access.
    • Race the best community creations and enjoy the diversity of community-made campaigns with the regularly updated Arcade Channel.
    • Join any club you like, find new friends to race against and get exclusive content.
    • Create your own in game club and enjoy the new community management and tournament organization tools to bring you community to life.
    • Offer your club never-ending entertainment as you share your ghosts and create streaming shows!

Standard Access is as follows:

• Benefit from the all the features of Starter Access.
    • Race the best community creations with the Track of the Day campaign, and enjoy the diversity of community-made campaigns with the regularly updated Arcade Channel.
    • Show your creativity with access to the Trackmania creation tools, and get full access to track and replay editors.
    • Compete in casual, daily tournaments or in international leagues among the world's best players.

So if they're referring to servers, as clubs, then to play against others live, instead of ghosts, you need club access. It still seems as though, from what Jeff has shown, there is going to be a ton of content (& already is a fair amount) for the standard access. Especially with the arcade channel, community-made campaigns, and various tourney's. I'm down for some GiantBomb themed/inspired or curated campaigns. I like the new blocks, and the mix of ice, dirt, & grass. Different levels of turbo seems like a good add, as well. That golf campaign looked pretty neat, and the thought of adding flight-like mechanics/focused campaigns is also intriguing. The faulty canber blocks (mirrored canber?), also tickle my fancy. Anyways, I feel like I'm rambling now, sorry!

savutano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By savutano
    No Caption Provided

The 'solo' & 'live' they are referring to looks like Club Solos, and Live Events. Not sure if club rooms will be live racing or curated with ghosts. But in the lower half of the image, 'social & customization' only has a mark/check under Club, and I feel like racing live with other people falls under social. But, I could be wrong, see why it's somewhat confusing?

Edit: And I guess, if Jeff were to host a 'live event' when he does a stream, people without club access would still be able to race. But then, I'm not sure if live events are scheduled & hosted by ubi (nadeo) or partners.

Edit 2: If you end up going Uplay, with 100 points, you get a bit of a discount.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By stantongrouse

On the Ubi Store there's a 1 or 3 year club option, with significant discount for the 3 years, but only year for the standard price. As someone who would have probably leaned towards the Standard model because of how I tend to play the previous games, I'm a little disappointed I can't pay for three years of standard so I can essentially forget about purchases for the time being but it's not the worst package it could have been.

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's why I think that access to public servers is going to need standard access, not club access:

No Caption Provided

I've cut this from the ridiculous monster checklist of all the things you get at each tier. It looks like 'public club room' is their term for 'public server', and you only need standard access to get to them.

'Club' is not the term for server, that seems pretty clear - their analogy is that you're joining a sports club and so being in a club lets you access internal competitions and events with just your club members. To do that, you need club access, but it seems like there's one part of the club which you can make accessible to standard tier players.

Or who knows, maybe I'm reading into this all wrong. Working all this out is so much harder than it needs to be.

savutano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By savutano

@stalefishies: completely agree, it shouldn't be like this.

I just meant the server browser has been replaced with a list of clubs, so it's not a 1:1, clubs are hosted on servers, so you may be able to have multiple clubs on a server. Joining a club in this seems to be the closest to joining a server previously. Obviously there's more to clubs, than just hopping in and racing, though there is still that. Hopefully uplay let's me preload today, cause they said a few days before release, but I still can't.

Also, on my store receipt, it seems the game is referred to as 'Trackmania Next' internally, and I kinda like it.

No Caption Provided

Edit: My question is that are public club rooms a subset of the club itself? You can access the public club room, but may not be able to join the club proper. This is more rhetorical I guess, as we will find out soon. I'm more excited now, after what Jeff has shown, than I was before. I just want to zoom-a-zoom, in that boom boom.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

How is Trackmania so good, and everything that's a part of Trackmania so bad

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm always baffled that Jeff can drum up interest in this thing. I'm glad ya'll are into this.

blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

So confused about the access tiers, got standard but no idea what I can and cannot do (other then joining a club) Haven't seen any custom servers, all the ones there seem to be club servers. I'm also missing some kind of ranking, is that only available at the club tier?

PuppyKisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PuppyKisses

Got standard, see I need club, no upgrade path, will end up spending $40.

xkkzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got standard, see I need club, no upgrade path, will end up spending $40.

Attention duders: buy Club Tier

What could you not do that you need Club tier for?

I'm still waiting to get access to the game since EGS hasn't updated it to available

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

You can join Rooms on standard, and "rooms" is the term they use now for "server." Joining a club isn't joining a game, joining a room is.

PuppyKisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xkkzz: Ok now that I have messed with it more it makes more sense, but there doesn't appear to be a way on Standard to save servers (rooms).

blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Game is really fun but that interface... I keep loosing my times, although it does count the trophies, also, what are trophies for?

Burbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can join the Giant Bomb Sum 2020 room with Standard.

You cannot join the Giant Bomb or any other club with the Standard version

Go to the LIVE tab (not clubs) > hit the search at the bottom in the Club Rooms section > type "giant bomb" and hit enter (mine took like 30 seconds to actually load the single search result) > select room and join

kuato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

these motherfuckers and their menus

asherrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By asherrd

@kuato: I've had it with these monkey-fighting menus, on this monday to friday game!

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

So here’s another thing I find confusing: I’m a subscriber to Uplay Plus and was under the impression that this would give me access to any game released on Uplay. Doesn’t seem to be the case, however, because when Trackmania launched a few hours ago, I didn’t automatically get access to any of the “tiered” versions (except for the free Starter edition, of course, which is free for everyone). I mean: It’s Trackmania! I’m going to buy it if it’s not included in Uplay Plus. But it’s a bit of a shame that Ubisoft don’t communicate in any way that Trackmania seems to not be included. I’m going to wait one more day or so. If it’s still not in the Plus library by then, I’m going to likely buy the Club version.

Hardtarget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Hardtarget

so........

Do I need the club version of the standard version to join the GB Club/Server/??? This is way more confusing than it should be.

Also, it seems like with the free version I can't even race against my own ghosts :\

edit - I also don't seem to see any sort of local/regional rankings, only worldwide. It's very very odd.

Knurrunkulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Regarding my previous posting: The game is now available as the "Club Access" version via Uplay Plus. Glad I didn't buy it yesterday evening and waited for a day.

savutano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By savutano

Posted from the Trackmania sub, another view of the available features.

If you're new to Trackmania, I suggest starting with the free tier, otherwise, hopefully this helps visualize the paid tiers a bit better. If you want full access, the top tier isn't too bad to see how the first year pans out, but it's up to you!

Clarification Edit: Each tier contains all features of previous tiers.

And as Jeff mentioned: "You can join Rooms on standard, and "rooms" is the term they use now for "server." Joining a club isn't joining a game, joining a room is."

blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By blalala

About the disappearing of (online) records

savutano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone tell me how the trophies work? Seem to only be getting the lowest value ones. What do you need to do to get the higher tier ones? I see people with a tonne more points then I have, even in my silly small country and have no idea how they got them so quickly

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.