Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Canyon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 14, 2011

The long-awaited full sequel to TrackMania is here! Drive fast and drift long in this crazy, physics-based fun racing game. Features gameplay similar to that of previous games in the series. The player can race on various tracks, with the ability to do stunts in various modes.

Additional information required for your order - Phishing or not?

darkpincer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkpincer

I bought TM2 last night and today I received an email (apparently) from GamesPlanet asking for "additional information" or my order would be canceled...

The mail contains a link to a form. The URL goes to a weird sub-domain of GamesPlanet.

I find the whole thing very suspicious. Either this is simply a phishing scam or the Mania-People are using very bad practices in their supposed "anti-fraud".

If it were Steam or BattleNet I wouldn't even think of clicking this link. It would obviously be a phish. But I wouldn't be that surprised that this is a legitimate email from GamesPlanet. Their entire buying and downloading process was sooo weird... It is as if they don't really want you to play :). If it weren't for Jeff telling me every other week how good the game is, I would never have gone through their weird process.

Why are they not just selling the thing on Steam is beyond me...

Anyways, sorry to digress, any of you guys had to fill up some supplemental form AFTER buying the game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.