Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Canyon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 14, 2011

The long-awaited full sequel to TrackMania is here! Drive fast and drift long in this crazy, physics-based fun racing game. Features gameplay similar to that of previous games in the series. The player can race on various tracks, with the ability to do stunts in various modes.

little problem with track mania 2

JimFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JimFear

im currently using my ps3 controller with motion joy to play trackmania 2 but since tonight, when im trying to use my joystick to turn, it wont work. I checked the option to see if i can see anything i can do but i cant find any option that can help me. Anyone have an idea what is the problem?

inb4 you are using a ps3 controller and other joke like that.

Airickson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Airickson

I had inconsistent results with the PS3 controller, too -- I could only get the analog pad to work. Eventually I broke down and got the remote sensor and now use an xbox360 controller. I know this doesn't solve your problem, but I thought I would commiserate with you.

WickedStyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WickedStyx

@JimFear: I'm using the same setup and occasionally mine reverts to PS1 mode (dpad only) even though motion joy shows Playstation 3 as the selected mode. To fix it I have to open motion joy, make sure Playstation 3 is selected as the mode and press enable to get it working again. Give that a try. It seems to be an issue with motion joy in general, not just Trackmania.

JimFear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By JimFear

oh nice now it work when i press the enable button , thx :)

Avatar image for kenniworldpeace
    kenniWORLDPEACE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kenniWORLDPEACE

im having similar problems.

everything works fine except r2 and l2 buttons.

ive made sure everything is enabled. and i kn ow its specific to trackmania because all buttons work fine on my other games. anybody know of a fix? anything would help.

edit: after farting around a bit in both motinjoy and tm canyon, i found a temporary fix - set profile in motionjoy to "playstation 2 (POV, joysticks")

you will need to restart motionjoy and unplug-then re-plug your ps3 controller to get it back to normal (ps3 mode working properly) if you intend on play other games (at least i have to)

hopes this helps anyone with a similar problem

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.