Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Lagoon

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released May 23, 2017

TrackMania 2 takes the loop de loops to a tropical island.

Is this game dead?

cmurdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just bought Lagoon a few days ago. Logged in tonight and there's no servers with over 5 people. Feels like I messed up by buying this.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@cmurdock: It's a shame, as I think it's an excellent game but yeah, the vast majority of Trackmania players are still on Stadium.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its only alive when Jeff is streaming the game.

notkcots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I downloaded the demo and I can't even figure out how to launch the damned thing. I know we all love how weird and taped-together Trackmania is, but jesus christ Maniaplanet is completely inscrutable. I'm still unsure how to switch between Canyon and Stadium.

cmurdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ManiaPlanet is a bit weird, but I didn't have too much trouble launching it via Steam. It definitely is not a triumph of UX. Seems like they've split Trackmania's user base too much with these smaller releases.

tgjessie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tgjessie

In my (limited) experience, people seem to go where people are. I've joined the GB server when it was empty and had it quickly fill up with around a dozen people in a relatively short time, more than once.

It's no sold-out-show though, it must be said.

cmurdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I'll continue to be on the GB server for the next few weeks in the evening. Hopefully the playerbase fills out, but if not I guess there's always Stadium!

peacebrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

There's a couple servers that end up having 15+ people on them at times. Sometimes there's basically nobody, and that's not super fun. Just jump on whatever server has the most people, and the numbers often jump.

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By xanadu

I think trankmania has problem with Stadium being more than we will ever need and also being the critical mass of the series. The ability to customize so many aspects of stadium leaves an extreme lack of desire for the community to move on.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't think Lagoon has the staying power of Stadium. And ManiaPlanet 4 has put TrackMania 2 into a weird, bad place.

Sorry guys. :(

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@karsh: I kind of agree. I love the tileset from Lagoon, but I am not a fan of this games handling model. Stadium just "feels" right and I think that is why people will continue to play that version.

JBWalton03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JBWalton03

Ive been popping on the GB server every now and again, never had more than 10 folks in there though. This is my first track mania. Tempted to get Stadium if that's where its at.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Our Stadium server isn't always populated, either, unfortunately. Keep an eye on redco.in/tm or the GBTM Discord to follow when people are playing on either server.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.