Transformers: Beast Wars Transmetals is the name of two sci-fi 3D fighting games published by Takara in Japan and by bam! in North America:
- The Nintendo 64 version, known in Japan as Transformers Beast Wars Metals 64, which was developed by Locomotive and published both in Japan on October 1, 1999 and in North America on November 15, 2000.
- The Sony PlayStation version, known in Japan as Transformers Beast Wars Metals - Gekitotsu! Gangan Battle, which was developed by WAVEDGE and published both in Japan on December 9, 1999 and in North America on March 15, 2000.
The final game based on the 1996-1999 Transformers: Beast Wars CGI animated series (after Beast Wars: Transformers), Transmetals is a 3D fighting game adaptation loosely based on the series plot (pitting the war between the Maximal and Predacon factions on Earth).
Despite the similarities between both versions of the game, each version uses a radically different game engine and have different rosters. One notable gameplay mechanic similar in both versions is the ability to transform between multiple forms: Beast Mode, Vehicle Mode, and the limited-use Robot Mode.
The N64 version is notable in North America for originally being a rental exclusive to Blockbuster stores. It is also notable in Japan for its Transfer Pak compatibility with Kettou Transformers Beast Wars (which unlocks Megatron X). Compared the PS1 version, it is also notable for multiple mini-games and character-specific endings (rather than faction-specific endings).
Both versions of the game have different rosters of characters, with only eight characters appearing in both games. Each version of the game has 12 playable characters (4 of which are unlockable), and combined have a total of 16 distinct characters.
- Megatron (has a hidden variation known as Megatron X, which serves as the final boss in the N64 version and a hidden unlockable in its Japanese release)
- Waspinator (N64 version only)
- Terrorsaur (N64 version only)
- Rampage (PS1 version only)
- Quickstrike (PS1 version only)
- Ravage (hidden unlockable)
- Blackarachnia (hidden unlockable)
- Starscream (hidden unlockable, N64 version only)