Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 21, 2012

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is the spiritual successor to 2010's "War for Cybertron", and depicts the climax of the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons, culminating in the destruction of the Transformer homeworld of Cybertron.

Transformers FOC Demo

Avatar image for cerberusprime3k
    CerberusPrime3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CerberusPrime3k

For those who pre-ordered the game and is playing the demo right now are there some things that have improved from the first game? and what are some things you dislike about some changes?

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By spiceninja

It feels like yet another linear third person shooter. But this time it has a Transformers skin.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @PlasmaBeam44 said:

It feels like yet another linear third person shooter. But this time it has a Transformers skin.

Definitely. Also the game is really ugly and ya, it just seems like a very basic shooter. I guess if you like Transformers thats cool but still...
    The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ruiner

I never played the first game, but I enjoyed the "Vortex" parts of the demo very much... the Bumblebee stuff felt a little too linear...but fact that it's Transformers, and seemingly well done Transformers, helps quite a bit.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I think graphically it looks a little better (some specular effects on the characters that I don't think were in the previous one). There's a button to change firing hands which might alleviate the lack of a cover system, and a few extra player types.

Overall I'm not expecting anything more than a slightly above average licensed game. Might be worth a look if you can get it cheap or considering there isn't much else out. Either way, I hope it does okay because I don't want to see High Moon resigned to making CoD maps by the end of the year.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Lukeweizer

The only reason I really liked the games is because of the "Sprint" button. My friend and I joke about how War for Cybertron had the best sprint in any game... but then I played Vanquish. So, those 2 are tied now.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By handlas

I liked it and I know nothing about Transformers...

Apparently they like to say "Scrap!" a lot tho? That's my take-away.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By august

@handlas said:

I liked it and I know nothing about Transformers...

Apparently they like to say "Scrap!" a lot tho? That's my take-away.

SLAG THIS

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9  Edited By impartialgecko

Really basic shooter with an awful framerate on the PS3. I don't think you can actually make a decent Transformers game because to keep it faithful to the source material it has to be dumb, and I'm sick of dumb shooters to be honest. I like the art design and High Moon have certainly hit the game with the production stick but that's not enough anymore.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JonSmith

Eh, after playing the demo for the last couple of hours, I came away impressed. Yes, it's a standard linear third person shooter, but the transforming seems to give some rather interesting twists. My personal favorite was playing a scientist in the multiplayer. That speed and flight made all the difference, and while I usually dislike average third person shooters, that kept me playing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.