Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jan 18, 2019

The return of Travis Touchdown in the role of assassin and Suda51 in the role of director.

Travis Strikes Again (don't call it "No More Heroes 3")

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

According to some further information after the trailer was dropped, this is going to be less of a sequel to No More Heroes and more of a setting for Suda 51 (listed as Director and Writer) to collaborate with multiple indie devs, as Travis and this mysterious masked man get sucked into the Death Drive Mk. 2 (you might remember the first version from Let It Die) and have to fight their way out through beating several games loaded on the console. Looks like one of those devs will be Dennaton (the minds behind Hotline Miami). But it's also going to use the Unreal 4 engine, which means that at least some parts will have modern graphics.

So does this mean we have a new No More Heroes game, or more of a spinoff? And will Suda 51 be commanding the project or are they just using his name again while he sits in the background?

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

You know, I always hear about how No More Heroes was this forgotten gem on the Wii, but the actual gameplay just never seemed that interesting. Still wondering if I should give it a shot or not.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's kind of insane that this is the first "true" Suda51 game since NMH1.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@nicksmi56: Its a Suda game so mixed elements of bad and good which many people like more than just good. Second one has less issues.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun said:

It's kind of insane that this is the first "true" Suda51 game since NMH1.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does this mean? I feel like I've heard of a new Suda game every 6 months or so.

jeremyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 11

I love it when indies cross over, and the self-aware universe of No More Heroes is the perfect backdrop for all this madness.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By MocBucket62

@jeremyf: Yeah, make me wonder what indie franchises will be present besides Hotline Miami? Maybe we get something like Super Meat Boy since that's a disturbing indie game that could fit in a Suda 51 game. Maybe more Digital Devolver games like Broforce or Enter the Gungeon.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brackstone

As someone who doesn't care about NMH at all outside of Mach 13 Elephant Explosion being a great track, this seems really cool. The devolver press conference thing makes a lot more sense now.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I unironically love No More Heroes but I am a little disappointed that this is not a true sequel.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: I wonder if Let it Die will be one of the game worlds you visit. Like you said before, the Death Drive 128 is the arcade machine you use in that game. So now with the Death Drive Mark II, I wonder if we'll see some Uncle Death and/or if they're in the same "SUDAverse."

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That doesnt sound like Robin Atkin Downes... Not loving the look of the characters either, not that I think it will actually look like that during gameplay. I'm not surprised that NMH isnt getting a true sequel considering those types of action games have fallen out of favour unfortunately. (Let it Die being a F2P soulish roguelite is telling) But i'll check it out when I eventually get a Switch, since Suda tends to make interesting games regardless of how well they play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.