Tremulous is a freeware first person action game based on the ioquake3 game engine. It originated as a mod for Quake 3, but eventually went standalone. The game is presumably set in the future, where humans face off against spider-like aliens.
- Blaster: The blaster is the secondary weapon. It has unlimited ammunition, but it is very weak, and fires very slowly.
- Rifle: The weapon you spawn with. It fires normal bullets.
- Pain Saw: Close-range saw, does lots of damage.
- Shotgun: Good damage, fires slowly.
- Lasgun: Fires laser particles of some sort. Do more damage than the rifle, and it has a broader spread. Good for little aliens.
- Mass Driver: The equivalent of a railgun, can one-shot small aliens.
- Chaingun: A mini-gun with pretty good damage, and has some recoil.
- Pulse Rifle: Another laser gun, the bullets are slow, but have pretty good damage
- Flamethrower: Spouts flames, does a lot of damage but it is very easy to burn yourself and teammates.
- Lucifer Cannon: Fires big spheres that, when charged, can one shot all aliens except the biggest class.
Aliens evolve by using points earned from killing humans. All aliens regenerate health automatically.
Starting class. Can bite humans simply by coming into contact with them. Can also walk on walls and ceilings.
Builder class. Has no attacking abilities.
Upgraded Granger. Can now slash, lob projectiles and walk on walls and ceilings.
A stronger attacking class than the Dretch. Has a basic slash attack, and can restrain a human's movement when contact is made. Can also wallwalk.
Advanced BasiliskStage 2
Effectively the same as a standard Basilisk, but has the ability to spray poisonous gas. Humans wearing battlesuits are immune to it, however.
Can bite and has the ability to wall jump, making it very agile and difficult to hit.
Advanced MarauderStage 2
Effectively the same as a standard Marauder, but has a chain lightning attack which can affect up to 3 humans if within range.
Has a biting attack and a pounce ability, which can be charged and damages anything in its path once released.
Advanced DragoonStage 3
Effectively the same as a standard Dragoon, but has the ability to shoot long ranged spiked barbs. 3 can be held in reserve and regenerate over time.
Has a primary slash attack, and a secondary trampling ability that can be charged up and enables the player to run at high speed for a short while. It also has a healing aura which doubles regeneration rates of lower class aliens.