Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Treyarch

Company »

Treyarch was founded in 1996, and was acquired by Activision in 2001. The company is best known for developing for both the Call of Duty and Spider-Man franchises.

What does treyarch do next year?

NarcolepticBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By NarcolepticBat

With the WWII genre pretty much being sucked dry and activision actively recognizing this. Do you see modern warfare being the next project for treyarch? I personally think they'll try a new time period to explore, like vietnam or maybe an off shoot of the modern warfare series like a remix?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

They'll be playing Modern Warfare 2 and realizing how crappy they are as a developer.

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By GeneralTurkle
    @natetodamax said:
    " They'll be playing Modern Warfare 2 and realizing how crappy they are as a developer. "
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By beargirl1

wasn't it announced that they were doing the cold war next or something? 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous

Nice double post, bro.

I actually have nothing constructive to add to this thread.

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GeneralTurkle
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @GeneralTurkle said:
    " @natetodamax said:
    " They'll be playing Modern Warfare 2 and realizing how crappy they are as a developer. "
    "
    But not saying that IW is perfect however "
    oh no, i don't think IW is perfect, but just IW is a gajillion times better
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Sci-Fi shooter please

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pause422
    @NarcolepticBat said:
    " With the WWII genre pretty much being sucked dry and activision actively recognizing this. Do you see modern warfare being the next project for treyarch? I personally think they'll try a new time period to explore, like vietnam or maybe an off shoot of the modern warfare series like a remix? "
    They better not touch modern. What will they do next year? Probably another shitty WWII game. Do I care what they do next year in the least bit? no.
    HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HayFourZee

call of duty 7 was already announced and  treyarchs doing it.  Its suposed to be set in the cold war

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Griddler

They're really gonna have to mix it up. I guess it would have to be Sci-Fi.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By apathylad

I was hoping for Call of Duty: Zombies, or something along those lines, considering how popular Nazi Zombies was in World at War. That would be more interesting than another World War II shooter.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Diamond

I hope they don't try to make another WW2 game.  Sci Fi would be cool, maybe something medieval.

Avatar image for invisiblewalnut
    InvisibleWalnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By InvisibleWalnut

Sci Fi is way too over the top for a Call of Duty game. Not saying Treyarch or IW won't develop one, just not under the Call of Duty trademark. A Call of Duty set during the Cold War is fresh. Most likely with a Vietnam setting. I personally would like to see a game about the Korean War. The campaign would start with the landings at Inchon ^_^ 

If they do decide to go with WWII, again, they should approach the Italian Theatre or something no one has really attempted yet, besides "Call of Duty 2: Big Red One". 

A setting in Cuba would be wierd seeing that the Cuban Revolution was won by the Commies and the Bay of Pigs was the biggest U.S. Military Supported blunder of ALL TIME, Cuba is most likely not the answer. I believe, simply, that it will either be in Korea or Vietnam, unless they try a Red Dawn approach :O
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MeierTheRed

Drop the ball

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wait for another franchise to come along that they can copy.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ineedaname

They should move on from it, and develop their own series, something on another planet would be pretty cool =D

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rumour is Cold War. Any later it would fission the player base, and at the end of the day Treyarch and Infinity Ward are two companies under the same publisher, they don't want to be in direct competition with each other.  

Really they can't go any further back than WW2, IMO the best thing they could do is go 20 years into the future, not a lot different to MW2 in terms of guns but loads of crazy crap like these mega suits that have loads of different modes, and one minute you can have stealth, another extra shields, another extra strength, and a couple of others. Oh wait... that wold be Crysis.  

Best thing Treyarch could do is try to be original for once. They aren't allowed to though because they are owned by Activision, and we all know how they are treating TH: Ride.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Daryl

I enjoyed the WaW campaign. 

Downandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Downandout
    @Daryl: So did I! i don't know where the treyarch hate is coming from, they're not a bad developer, I might be the only guy who liked CoD3 though. so that might change my view a little.
    Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Apathylad said:

" I was hoping for Call of Duty: Zombies, or something along those lines, considering how popular Nazi Zombies was in World at War. That would be more interesting than another World War II shooter. "

If the guys at IW were dead I'd say they would be rolling in their graves if this happend.  Instead they would never allow the Call of Duty name to touch anything they ever made again.

I think any sort of historical setting would work for this.  I really need to see something fresh gameplay wise and with their game modes if I'd be that interested though.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ryanwho

It seems like anything they do will dilute the brand. So its like, do they make a COD game which itself is less valued now or a MW game and dilute that new brand so Infinity Ward has to make yet another new offshoot in the future, or whatever. Activision's mantra seems to be "they're not the best but until they do collosal damage to the brand, they're gonna keep doing this shit". And that worked for a while, but now EA's going to be making a Medal of Honor game during those same years. So what's stronger, the COD name or the MW look? 
    I think EA's play is going to force Treyarch into a position where they have to make a Modern Warfare game, and they're just going to damage the brand. My prediction? They make a Modern Warfare gaiden that has no number and Activision doesn't push it very hardand it does alright at buffering MOH's launch numbers. And that's it. At the same time, I think they'll think they're gonna try and have their own "No Russians" moment and take it too far (in a bad way). GB was kidding when they pitched Modern Warfare: Ghost, but I wouldn't rule that out. It's got Treyarch's mediocrity stink all over it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.