Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Triad Wars

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Triad Wars was planned to be an open world free-to-play MMO set in the Sleeping Dogs universe and was originally set for release in 2015.

anyone else get into the closed beta?

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Got my code yesterday, its downloading now , just wondering if any other bombers got in?

majorziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I also got my code yesterday. Finished the tutorial and did my first attack on someone. Gameplay is a lot like Sleeping Dogs, but the camera feels awful for some reason. I don't remember there being problems with it in Sleeping Dogs. Or it might be that I'm not upgraded and my guy just feels like shit.

I though this was going to be a MMO of sorts, but the inital impression I get it's Clash of Clans like or something. You build your hub and attack other people's hubs. Not sure if you can interact with people inside the world running around. Though I only played for like an hour+ . Seems Interesting I'll try it out some more.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also got my code yesterday. Finished the tutorial and did my first attack on someone. Gameplay is a lot like Sleeping Dogs, but the camera feels awful for some reason. I don't remember there being problems with it in Sleeping Dogs. Or it might be that I'm not upgraded and my guy just feels like shit.

I though this was going to be a MMO of sorts, but the inital impression I get it's Clash of Clans like or something. You build your hub and attack other people's hubs. Not sure if you can interact with people inside the world running around. Though I only played for like an hour+ . Seems Interesting I'll try it out some more.

I got into the first test and......yeah the game is what you just described.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played a bit during the alpha or beta or whatever state it was in before last Christmas. I didn't stick with it long since it seemed to be very poorly optimized at the time, as my fairly decent machine had trouble running it even on the lowest settings. Felt like a stripped-down Sleeping Dogs, though I might give it another shot when it's properly out (and if the payment model isn't completely atrocious).

Oh, I'm not sure I should even be posting about this, since I did accept an NDA...

JerKnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JerKnuts

I am in it. Just getting it downloaded. Let's hope this works for me. You all seem pretty down on it so far.

*fingers crossed*

I LOVED sleeping dogs... so I hope this at least scratches the itch for a second.

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Still a very pretty city to run around in and a decent combat system. The "build your base and raid NPC bases" gameplay loop isn't blowing me away, but it's still fun to start fights with pedestrians!

VichusSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By VichusSmith

@spyder335: I'm in it, and it's certainly time to either get a new pc or a newer video card. OR just wait for this to become a console game. It looks like a console game.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

So I just got access to this game today, and I spent 5 hours in it already. Safe to say, its pretty fun.

Its not the Sleeping Dogs sequel you want, and you probably never asked for this, but its still fun.

Best way to describe it is this. Take the "multiplayer" systems from Mighty Quest for Epic Loot and add Sleeping Dogs everything else. The combat, world, and driving is exactly the same as Sleeping Dogs. Basically its F2P Sleeping Dogs, with F2P trappings that are there if you want them, but they don't seem necessary to still have fun.

If people are interested, they can go to the triad wars site (this is not my referral link), sign in with their Square Enix account, and instantly get access to the game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Triad Wars is like all of those shitty Clan Wars type games that Drew has been playing on his phone, only in a Sleeping Dogs wrapper. Played it for an afternoon to check it out, it's definitely not for me. Too bad because I really liked Sleeping Dogs.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I hope the GB crew check this out at some point.

warpchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It feels like a real waste to be on a PC and not be able to party with other players. Something like this reminds me of Ogame and other sort of attacking other player's for loot games, but the attack has actual combat. But in the end you are just playing a bit for your daily quota, then somehow shoring yourself against attacks and minimizing your losses. Things that would be interesting would likely to be being able to defend yourself against an attacker live.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.