Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Evolution

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 18, 2012

The follow up to the best-selling hit Trials HD, Trials Evolution takes motorcycle platforming to a whole new level of ridiculousness.

Super Awesome Fast Trials Video Thread!

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By AndrewJD

Please post any awesomely fast times (or high scores in regards to the skill games) that you have either seen or done in Trials Evolution here, whether they be single player or online tracks.

However, I want this to be a thread for discussing how people have gotten such insane times on certain tracks not just a video thread, so to avoid youtube spammage you must post a few sentences with any video providing context for it or make a point that will incite discussion.

To get things started here is a video of all the #1 XBL times for beginner, easy and medium tracks.

Links to each track are in the video description :)

Even though these tracks are quite easy to complete (I found them easy and I haven't played a trials game before) to be really fast you have to do some crazy stuff. My favourites from the above video are:

Elevation - he gets off the elevator A LOT earlier then I ever would have ever considered possible,

Sewage Plant - for looking like he's messed up but really it was all part of the plan,

Gigatrack - because he makes it look so easy :(

Update:

#1 times for the hard and extreme single player tracks:

All of these are pretty awesome but I guess my favourites are the last 3 extreme tracks (if favourite is the right word....) because they are sooooo difficult. I managed to complete Way of the ninja (I think I got lucky tbh) but the other two are really hard. The Wreck has a couple of ridiculously hard spots in it and Inferno 3 is just stupid, I mean it took me a whole 2 or 300 tries (whatever the limit is) to figure out how to get over the first obstacle!

They are still fun in a masochistic way though, which is obviously the point of the game :)

#1 times for the skill game circus tracks:

I think the S.P.H.E.R.E one is my favourite of these just because of the sheer conecntration it must've taken, but Gas Problem is good too; the way he basically hops around to avoid using fuel is great.

Update 2:

# 1Times for hard and extreme trials as of 29/9/12,some of my picks for best improvements are:

• Around the Ranch - he manages to shave almost 3 and a half seconds off and makes it look ridiculously easy!
    • RedLynx Moto-Jam& Warehouse 28 - taking over 5 seconds off the time!
    • Bridge of Trials - 7 seconds!! WTF I never would have thought of trying some of the things he did to get over
      certain obstacles, and even after seeing it I'm not sure I do!
    • Dark City Run - only 3 seconds but I hate that track and he makes it look so easy!
    • Way of the Ninja - 14 seconds! and I still haven't got down to single figures let alone platinum!
    • Last but not least Inferno 3, only 2 seconds but like Way of the Ninja I haven't got to single figures on that yet so 33 seconds is just stupid.

# 1Times for Origin of Pain tracks,some of my favourites are:

Flow Like Water - I'm still not completely comfortable with the bmx yet, but this guy is.

Toy Box - I never would have thought of 'riding' on the ball at the start!

Magic Marker - Haven't completed this yet and it's made to look annoyingly easy.

Uphill Struggle - One of the 2 new skill games and although it's made to look pretty simple, it really, really isn't.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AndrewJD

Please post any awesomely fast times (or high scores in regards to the skill games) that you have either seen or done in Trials Evolution here, whether they be single player or online tracks.

However, I want this to be a thread for discussing how people have gotten such insane times on certain tracks not just a video thread, so to avoid youtube spammage you must post a few sentences with any video providing context for it or make a point that will incite discussion.

To get things started here is a video of all the #1 XBL times for beginner, easy and medium tracks.

Even though these tracks are quite easy to complete (I found them easy and I haven't played a trials game before) to be really fast you have to do some crazy stuff. My favourites from the above video are:

Elevation - he gets off the elevator A LOT earlier then I ever would have ever considered possible,

Sewage Plant - for looking like he's messed up but really it was all part of the plan,

Gigatrack - because he makes it look so easy :(

Update:

#1 times for the hard and extreme single player tracks:

All of these are pretty awesome but I guess my favourites are the last 3 extreme tracks (if favourite is the right word....) because they are sooooo difficult. I managed to complete Way of the ninja (I think I got lucky tbh) but the other two are really hard. The Wreck has a couple of ridiculously hard spots in it and Inferno 3 is just stupid, I mean it took me a whole 2 or 300 tries (whatever the limit is) to figure out how to get over the first obstacle!

They are still fun in a masochistic way though, which is obviously the point of the game :)

#1 times for the skill game circus tracks:

I think the S.P.H.E.R.E one is my favourite of these just because of the sheer conecntration it must've taken, but Gas Problem is good too; the way he basically hops around to avoid using fuel is great.

Update 2:

# 1Times for hard and extreme trials as of 29/9/12,some of my picks for best improvements are:

• Around the Ranch - he manages to shave almost 3 and a half seconds off and makes it look ridiculously easy!
    • RedLynx Moto-Jam& Warehouse 28 - taking over 5 seconds off the time!
    • Bridge of Trials - 7 seconds!! WTF I never would have thought of trying some of the things he did to get over
      certain obstacles, and even after seeing it I'm not sure I do!
    • Dark City Run - only 3 seconds but I hate that track and he makes it look so easy!
    • Way of the Ninja - 14 seconds! and I still haven't got down to single figures let alone platinum!
    • Last but not least Inferno 3, only 2 seconds but like Way of the Ninja I haven't got to single figures on that yet so 33 seconds is just stupid.

Flow Like Water - I'm still not completely comfortable with the bmx yet, but this guy is.

Magic Marker - Haven't completed this yet and it's made to look annoyingly easy.

Uphill Struggle - One of the 2 new skill games and although it's made to look pretty simple, it really, really isn't.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

Updated the OP with videos for all the tracks from the single player. I'll be checking out the online tracks now so if anyone has seen any fast times for a track they like then let me know ;)

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By jessej07

It's insane how amazing some of these players are. I'm surprised to see so many subtly tap the break at certain points, a tactic I have only accidentally (in a frantic way) used to luckily get some forward thrust for the front of the bike. I beat all the extreme tracks, but it was not so pretty :) My only advice is to watch the top view, as well as some mid tier ones (with faults) to get specific points down.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By dethfish

I  have quite a few top 500 replays but I can't record them. Also there isn't much point since those top replays make even my best replays look like shit.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AndrewJD

@jessej07 said:

It's insane how amazing some of these players are. I'm surprised to see so many subtly tap the break at certain points, a tactic I have only accidentally (in a frantic way) used to luckily get some forward thrust for the front of the bike. I beat all the extreme tracks, but it was not so pretty :) My only advice is to watch the top view, as well as some mid tier ones (with faults) to get specific points down.

Yes I learnt to brake more after seeing the top replays particularly in the later trials, and you make a good point about watching mid level times as well because not everyone can do the crazy stuff the top guys do. I've just started trying to get platinums and I've taken to watching the replays that are around that time for tips.

@Dethfish said:

I have quite a few top 500 replays but I can't record them. Also there isn't much point since those top replays make even my best replays look like shit.

Yep I know what you mean, I got into the top 1000 with a couple of mine and was really pleased but the best times make mine look like crap :(

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AndrewJD

Seems like there's a few people uploading the more popular online tracks so unless I see something really cool I'm not going to bother myself.

Of the ones I've seen I think that end of days, Terminator 2and test subject 001 (a portal rip) are pretty cool although not exactly fun to play, there's a couple of cool mario inspired ones out there including this oneand probably the best idea I've seen is Silhouette Redux.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By jozzy

@mubress said:

Seems like there's a few people uploading the more popular online tracks so unless I see something really cool I'm not going to bother myself.

Of the ones I've seen I think that end of days, Terminator 2and test subject 001 (a portal rip) are pretty cool although not exactly fun to play, there's a couple of cool mario inspired ones out there including this oneand probably the best idea I've seen is Silhouette Redux.

Wow, that Silhouette thing looks really cool!

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AndrewJD

@jozzy: Yeah it is, I haven't seen any other levels that are anything like that one.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AndrewJD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.