Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trials Fusion

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 15, 2014

RedLynx takes their bike-platforming franchise to the future (and PlayStation) with the addition of a physics-based trick system.

What do you think about the trick system?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quipido

My first impression: it sucks. But yeah, I might be just angry with the game (it is still a Trials game) and I am not familiar with it enough.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Sessh

I don't know. I do enjoy it and got gold on all the of the FMX tracks, but it does seem slightly broken.

Sometimes it randomly engages in a trick without me even coming near the right stick, other times it just doesn't want to get out of a trick again for sticking the landing. Also there's times where it does the wrong trick or doesn't do a trick at all, and instead does some weird looking ragdoll effect.

I'll have to play a bit more, until I'm really sure how to think about it I guess.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It is pretty bad.

Having all tricks attached to to the analog stick causes it the register different moves constantly, it is never consistent. It makes the Trick Master skill game not fun at all. In FMX some times the game doesn't even register you doing tricks and you won't receive any points at all.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I only do 2 tricks. I find it dumb.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kinda fun in an extremely dumb way.

Whenever you are scored for it it's terrible though.

If it was a throaway gag with fake points and some joke trophy attached to it, it'd be great.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

The one challenge where you have to perform the trick that they show you is impossible to get gold on because it's not precise enough.

Everytime I fail a Trials it has always been because I messed it up, but with that one competition it just feels that the controls suck.

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Mitch0712

I think it's hilarious. It would be funny to see people try to show off in multiplayer and then eat dirt.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@turboman said:

The one challenge where you have to perform the trick that they show you is impossible to get gold on because it's not precise enough.

Everytime I fail a Trials it has always been because I messed it up, but with that one competition it just feels that the controls suck.

I thought that too, until I saw that other people have already become quite good at using the trick system:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/869531-Vantier-s-FMX-Tutorial

The controls don't suck, you do. And me too, at least for now.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

@spaceinsomniac: I'll give it another try today/tomorrow, but It was getting to the point of me trying to hold the right stick as if it were an arcade joystick to make sure I was moving it in the exact direction I needed to and kept getting the perpendicular direction's trick.

Maybe I just needed a break or something. I'm super OCD about getting a gold medal on everything before I move on to the next stage, so there is that to contest with.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
    deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

having played it at pax, it seems like it was just thrown in with other things like atvs to justify it being a standalone new chapter of trials as opposed to just being evolution dlc. i still think its a blast, i had a huge smile while playing it but that stuff just isnt executed well. but that being said, the tricks aren't important so their half-assed-ness doesnt get in the way or ruin anything as far as i could tell....

i hink im worried about the future of the trials games ever since they got involved with ubi. evolution was fantastic but it looks like it could have been the peak and now we are staring down a slope...

Zripwud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

It's dumb but it's simple and it works. Not all tricks are easy to do because of the über simplicity of the system, but like I said, it works.

I mean, the main mechanic of the game is to press one button and move left or right, so can't just ask for a more complex system in Trials.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

At first I thought it was pretty dumb, but I like it now that I've gotten used to it and learned how to properly use it. The first time I did the tricks skill game I was super lucky to even get the gold score, but now I can get the platinum score without much difficulty. It just takes a little practice you guys.

TheCheese33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I find it really difficult to regain control of the Foxbat after doing a few flips in a trick, but maybe I'm just doing something wrong. Other than that, it's neat, silly fun, and making it entirely physics-based fits in with the rest of the game.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Didn't like it at first but I really enjoy it now, kinda fun trying to pull of tricks while making sure you land correctly and hold the trick as long as possible. Problem is once I hit the hard levels I hit a brick wall and now I might be done with the game.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trick system makes everything look hilarious. I love it.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The trick system is fucking garbage. Using the right stick to do tricks was a really bad idea in my opinion.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

It's okay, it's just needlessly complicated\finnicky. Positioning of the rider is as important as what direction you swing the stick. So some tricks can only be done upside down, or with the bike facing the sky.

Also some tricks are so pointless because of how much the rider flips the bike, you might as well always do the tricks that have most predictable results.

The tricks skills game really sucks though.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By squiDc00kiE

I wasn't that impressed with it at first either. However, once I put some real time into understanding how it works, it's brilliant. The original Skate. gave me a very similar feeling once I landed the exact trick I had been attempting.

Wargarbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Practicing on that skill game that forces you to learn how they work really helped me come to like the trick system. I didn't realize at first that the bike and the rider have to be in a certain position, than! and only than press the desired control stick direction (or directions if a sweep is required)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.