combines four different mini games. They are as follows:
1. I/O Tower
This segment of the game mimics Tron's quest to enter the Input/Output tower from the motion picture. In the arcade game, the player must destroy large numbers of Grid Bugs with Tron's disc and clear a path to the flashing circle, which must be entered before a timer runs out to complete the section.
2. MCP Cone
This area imitates Tron's final battle against the MCP. The game's interpretation has the player destroying a multicolored wall in front of the MCP cone and getting by the wall, into the cone. A 1000 point bonus is awarded for completing the level, and an additional 1000 points is given for destroying all blocks of the wall.
3. Battle Tanks
The Battle Tanks subgame is not strictly based on film events, but the tanks are taken from there. The player must guide Tron's red tank through a maze and destroy several blue tanks or red recognizers controlled by the computer. This must be done without taking any hits from enemies. If the player drives into the purple diamond in the center of the maze, the tank is warped to a random area of the maze. A bug in the game results in a cheat option. When the player's tank is not touching the white line in the corridors, it can not be hit by the enemy's fire, but it can still be rammed by enemy tanks.
4. Light Cycles
This game is well known and associated with the Tron franchise. The player must guide a blue Light Cycle in an arena, while avoiding the walls and trails (walls of light) created by his/her Light Cycle and that of his/her opponent. The player must maneuver quickly to force opponents to run into walls. The enemy cycles have a fixed behavior pattern for each level and the player can find a pattern which will defeat them every time on this level. The Light Cycle colors from the film are reversed in the game, where the player drives the blue cycle and the enemy the yellow cycle. In the film, the protagonists' cycles are yellow, orange, and red, and the enemies' are blue.
XBOX 360 Achievements
- Cobol - 5 - Advance to the second level using default settings.
- Basic - 10 - Advance to the third level using default settings.
- Fortron - 15 - Advance to level 4 on the default settings.
- User - 45 - Advance to level 12 using the default settings.
- Dodgy - 25 - Enter the IO tower without shooting any Grid Bugs.
- Six Shooter - 35 - Enter the MCP cone with a maximum of six shots.
- 7 Seconds - 10 - Stay alive in the Light Cycle level for 7 seconds.
- High Score - 10 - Get first place on in-game score board using default settings.
- Block Blaster - 20 - Destroy all the MCP blocks in the 2nd level.
- Vs. Master - 10 - Win 3 Classic Versus games over Xbox Live.
- Go Team! - 5 - Achieve a score of 20,000 while playing an Xbox Live Co-op game.
- Exterminator - 10 - Kill all the Grid Bugs in the 1st level IO tower.