Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Turnip Boy Robs a Bank

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released 2023

Turnip Boy returns, this time joining forces with the Pickled Gang as they plan to rob the Botanical Bank.

Turnip Boy Robs a Bank is the 3rd game of UUGPGC Year 3! Finish by February 12. Spoilers open!

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bigsocrates  Online

EDIT: SPOILERS OPEN!

Welcome to the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club Year 3! Our 3rd game of 2024 is Turnip Boy Robs a Bank. The target completion date is February 12, 2024.

We ask that until that date you use the forum software to mark any spoilers, either story based or mechanical, in the discussion below. Ideally the bulk of the discussion will occur after February 12, but if you want to comment before then you are welcome to so long as the spoilers are marked. We ask that if you leave a comment before that date you also come back to the thread after it to read other people’s comments and respond to them, though of course we cannot force you to do so.

All are welcome to participate regardless of whether you have stated a preference to or not and there is absolutely no commitment. You do not have to finish the game to participate but please let us know if you have not.

You are also free to come back any time after the completion date and share your thoughts! This club is meant to be open to all whenever you want to join in the fun!

You can find out more about the Unsanctioned Unofficial Game Pass Game Club or suggest future games for it here.

Turnip Boy Robs a Bank?

The sequel to Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion where the root vegetable protagonist must rob a bank. A top down dual stick shooter adventure game with some roguelite elements.

How long is Turnip Boy Robs a Bank?

How long to beat lists it as 4.5 hours long.

No Caption Provided
    Ginormous76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I recently wrapped this up. I didn't like it as much as Turnip Boy Robs a Bank. I felt the first game was a tighter experience. The rougelite elements were kind of annoying/tedious.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I've been playing a bit of this tonight, and I think I like it just fine. The short timer makes it tough for a level to overstay its welcome, but I admit that I feel pretty aimless on what I should be doing. I'm at a point where I can ride two elevators and clear those areas, but I'm running into a lot of the same mini-dungeons. Some places are gated with a keycard; not sure when or from where to get that.

Overall I think it's fun, but I could also see myself losing interest if I don't get any significant change in the next half hour or so of play.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigsocrates  Online

@allthedinos: Talking to the Pickle usually tells you what your next mainline objective is. The elevators won't necessarily take you to where you need to go to advance things.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bigsocrates  Online

Spoilers are now open!

I was kind of disappointed in this game. I think the biggest issue is the bank robbing structure of going in and out Payday style, which could be cool if it were a true Roguelite or if money meant more, but mostly just felt like an enormous amount of padding. Everything else is...fine, from the gameplay to the presentation to the jokes, but it got really annoying having to constantly walk through the same areas over and over to get to the objective and...why? There's no fun to be had in collecting money outside the very beginning. It's not like there's a true risk/reward system especially because of how everything is gated and you can't advance without leaving the bank. It just feels half-baked and bad, and it takes the rest of the game from a breezy romp down to kind of a slog at times.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bigsocrates: I agree with all your points. I enjoyed my first half hour a lot, but I found my interest waning pretty strongly after that point. I was hoping things would get more interesting after the first boss, but it was more of the same. The roguelite elements really did it a disservice here, as others have pointed out.

On the humor, I can't put my finger on it but it felt a very mid-2010s style of dated. Nothing offensive or groan-worthy, but I rolled my eyes at pretty much every line.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.