Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Two Worlds II

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Sequel to the cult hit action RPG Two Worlds, Two worlds II takes place years after the original and follows the story of the character from the first Two Worlds as he continues his struggle to defeat Lord Gandohar.

Is this game worth playing?

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By triple07

So lately I've been itching for an open world RPG and since I've played all the top-tier ones I can find, and Skyrim isn't out until November I started looking at this and Divinity 2. I tried to demo for Divinity 2 and I don't think I can get past the really janky animation. So that leaves me with Two Worlds 2. I've looked around for some reviews and people some kinda meh on the game but I'm looking for some fellow bombers opinions on the game. Now i'm not looking for an amazing game or anything all I'm looking for is a reasonably good open world RPG to spend some time messing around. Also I can deal with quite a bit of open world jank, and jank in general for that matter (I played through Alpha Protocol and didn't think it was that janky). 

So what do you guys think about the game? Is it worth it to give the game a try? Or can you think of another lesser known open world RPG thats better?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By pweidman

TWII is a good rpg well worth playing. Tons of content w/campaign and online mp modes equals plenty of value. DLC is coming in Oct. or Nov. I believe also. And the game runs great w/very little 'jank' actually, and just a few inconsequential bugs and minor glitchiness.

Did you like Oblivion tc? If you did, you'll prolly like this game.

Pretty amazing how much this game evolved and improved from TW, especially considering the very small dev team by today's standards.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By triple07
    @pweidman: Yep I love Oblivion. It and Morrowind are some of my favorite games which is what lead me to start looking at Two Worlds 2.
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I enjoyed the few hours I played, however after a while I noticed that the framerate was really bad. It got the point that I didn't want to play anymore.

This was on the PS3 version by the way.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

All i know is i bought Two Worlds 2 for like 17$ during the Steam Summer sale....  If you do like open world games,  Risen is a pretty decent one.   Two Worlds 2 is probably worth checking out first though.

MaximusArtimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MaximusArtimus

I've heard terrible things about it, but if you want to take the chance.......

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Questionable
    @MaximusArtimus said:

I've heard terrible things about it, but if you want to take the chance.......

You must be confusing it with gothic4:arcania 

Two Worlds 2 got good response pretty much every where, even on rpgcodex that royaly hates oblivion 
    MaximusArtimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MaximusArtimus
    Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Questionable

@ MaximusArtimus   
    Interesting, to be fair all the reviews ive read were for the PC version and most flaws pointed out in that review stems can be specific consoles, i atleast have not run into half the trouble they express and thats without any mods

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CptBedlam

It's not bad but it's also not very good. I say wait for Skyrim or buy Witcher 2 (even though it's not open-world).

thor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By thor

I enjoyed it thoroughly. It has its quirks and shortcomings and probably won't appease most folks but there are worse options out there.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By triple07

I ended up picking this game up for $20 used for 360 so I'll see if its any good. Even if its not I won't feel too bad since I only paid $20.  I would totally get the Witcher 2 if I had a PC that could run it but since I don't I'll have to wait for the console version.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@triple07: I bought it full price when it came out earlier in the year and thought it was well worth it. I'm one of the weirdos that actually enjoyed the first Two Worlds in a "laughing at it" sort of way, but I still think Two Worlds II is a legitimately good game with alot of content for the price. (Though I did encounter a bug that broke a questline and subsequently a couple of my achievements. Be careful.)
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By CL60

Yes, it's great.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#15  Edited By MightyDuck

I was just thinking about picking this game up as well.  Something to hold me over until the "Fall Rush" of games.

ikaruga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ikaruga

did you try the new ed. of divinity 2? I haven't play mine yet but from the review it seems like they fixed a lot of jank and make the graphic better

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@triple07 said:

So lately I've been itching for an open world RPG and since I've played all the top-tier ones I can find, and Skyrim isn't out until November I started looking at this and Divinity 2. I tried to demo for Divinity 2 and I don't think I can get past the really janky animation. So that leaves me with Two Worlds 2. I've looked around for some reviews and people some kinda meh on the game but I'm looking for some fellow bombers opinions on the game. Now i'm not looking for an amazing game or anything all I'm looking for is a reasonably good open world RPG to spend some time messing around. Also I can deal with quite a bit of open world jank, and jank in general for that matter (I played through Alpha Protocol and didn't think it was that janky). So what do you guys think about the game? Is it worth it to give the game a try? Or can you think of another lesser known open world RPG thats better?

It's a shame that there isn't some type of critic for video games out there that could give you a professional opinion on what they thought of the games. Man... if there was only some type of video game reviewers out there. To put the cherry on that sundae wouldn't it be great if people could find and read/watch those reviews on a type of Information Superhighway by merely telling their computer what they want to look for? I know, I know... I'm dreaming. But what if that future came true? Wow....

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee
    @ShadowSkill11:  
    Who pissed in your coffee? He already said that he's checked out some professional reviews and wanted to also round up some opinions from GB users. 

Anywhoo I haven't played it myself. While it looks alright, I haven't been willing to give it a chance when there's so many other games I have more confidence in saving my monies up for.
    demarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By demarcon

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@triple07 said:

So lately I've been itching for an open world RPG and since I've played all the top-tier ones I can find, and Skyrim isn't out until November I started looking at this and Divinity 2. I tried to demo for Divinity 2 and I don't think I can get past the really janky animation. So that leaves me with Two Worlds 2. I've looked around for some reviews and people some kinda meh on the game but I'm looking for some fellow bombers opinions on the game. Now i'm not looking for an amazing game or anything all I'm looking for is a reasonably good open world RPG to spend some time messing around. Also I can deal with quite a bit of open world jank, and jank in general for that matter (I played through Alpha Protocol and didn't think it was that janky). So what do you guys think about the game? Is it worth it to give the game a try? Or can you think of another lesser known open world RPG thats better?

It's a shame that there isn't some type of critic for video games out there that could give you a professional opinion on what they thought of the games. Man... if there was only some type of video game reviewers out there. To put the cherry on that sundae wouldn't it be great if people could find and read/watch those reviews on a type of Information Superhighway by merely telling their computer what they want to look for? I know, I know... I'm dreaming. But what if that future came true? Wow....

It's a shame there isn't something that someone can do about reading the text that's inside the topic before they post. Oh man that would be great if someone read the entire post before trying to be a jerkoff about it... I know, I know.... I'm dreaming. But what if that future came true? Wow....

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By triple07
    @Abyssfull@Xtrminatr: Thanks guys. Its always nice to see people being kind on the internet. And thanks to everyone for the advice.  

I've played the game for a couple hours now and from what I've played I'm liking it. Sure its not the best game out there and it has its share a problems but it seems like a good open world RPG so far.
    demarcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By demarcon

@triple07 said:

@Abyssfull: @Xtrminatr: Thanks guys. Its always nice to see people being kind on the internet. And thanks to everyone for the advice. I've played the game for a couple hours now and from what I've played I'm liking it. Sure its not the best game out there and it has its share a problems but it seems like a good open world RPG so far.

I came to your post originally to see what the other GB members thought too, and seeing a couple people say it was alright made me buy 2 copies, one for me and one for a friend. I hope the coop lasts more than a few hours, really trying to find a good coop game to play.

cancerdancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By cancerdancer

Game is so bad. Voice acting gets cut off by other lines, NPC's hand you phantom items, interface is clunky and forces you to use the left analog stick to move in menus, and the camera has a sea-sick inducing wobble whenever you move it. No thanks. Thank God for GameFly.

LazerGum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By LazerGum

wobbling camera sounds bad. that really bothered me in gears of war. Does anybody have other specifics about shortcomings? I'm interested in checking out this game. Thanks!

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By darkstorn

I'm also interested, even a year later. Just curious how it holds up.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I love the game.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26  Edited By JasonR86

@triple07:

I didn't play it for very long but I didn't enjoy it. It seemed like a budget RPG with fanfare. I didn't like the mechanics, the controls felt clunky, it didn't look very good, the universe was uninteresting, and I didn't feel like playing through mindless sidequests and an uninteresting main quest. But some people adore it. If you can get into it, I'm sure it will be a lot of fun. It just wasn't for me.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DrPockets000
    @ShadowSkill11: Don't be a dick.  Read the whole fucking post before you try to get snarky.  

@triple07: TWII is....okay. The game is not a painful experience, but it's not amazing. The voice acting and animations are hilarious. Combat actually doesn't feel bad. If you've got the extra scratch, pick it up, but if you are trying to be frugal, there are probably better open-world RPGs out there. 
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By project343

@Darkstorn said:

On sale at that price, yes, yes it is worth it. I'd just grab the $10 package with the expansion.

I bought this game at $60 and farking loved it. And this comes from someone who hates the Gothic games (but loves the Elder Scrolls games).

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@DrPockets000 said:

@ShadowSkill11: Don't be a dick. Read the whole fucking post before you try to get snarky.

@triple07: TWII is....okay. The game is not a painful experience, but it's not amazing. The voice acting and animations are hilarious. Combat actually doesn't feel bad. If you've got the extra scratch, pick it up, but if you are trying to be frugal, there are probably better open-world RPGs out there.

Congrats on making a comment about something from almost a year ago. Are you happy to finally get that well crafted response you've been working on for 11 months out?

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By Morrow

@Darkstorn said:

You necro! Anyways.

I love fantasy RPGs in general, I love the Elder Scrolls franchise (played through Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim), but I was rather disappointed by TW II. Especially the combat feels slow and clunky. And it's rather short. I did all the main and faction quests as well as most of the minor side-quests and been through in about 22 hours. The plot and atmosphere also didn't really grab me.

So, if you're desperate for a fantasy RPG and already been through most of what's out, give it a try if it's low priced. Otherwise... you can safely skip it.

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Divina_Rex

@ikaruga said:

did you try the new ed. of divinity 2? I haven't play mine yet but from the review it seems like they fixed a lot of jank and make the graphic better

I've tried the demo and it's great. Nothing like the Quicklook of the older version GB did.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's allright, on the cheap. Definately would not recomend it at full price tho. On sale and nothing else to play? Go for it.

It's not an agressively bad game per se, but neither has it anything much going for it. Pretty by the book open world RPG with some missteps. Such as severely broken economy, silly main plot, terrible ending bossfight, barely passable graphics/artstyle. But it not bad. The spell system was kind of interesting for a while and some of the side quests are quite well done and interesting from time to time.

largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By largo6661

@triple07: If you couldn't deal with divinity 2 jank your probably gonna hate two worlds 2 :) but ifs its cheap go for it whats the worst that could happen? If it helps the magic system is pretty fun and in depth. hope this helps.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#34  Edited By project343

@Morrow: @Divina_Rex: @Tennmuerti: I think I'm starting to understand why the Two Worlds II jank didn't bother me so much: I played significant amounts of the original game (and sort of enjoyed it... as broken and horrible as it was). In contrast to that original game, TWII is a revelation in polish and butter-smooth gameplay experiences.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DrPockets000
    @ShadowSkill11 said:

@DrPockets000 said:

@ShadowSkill11: Don't be a dick. Read the whole fucking post before you try to get snarky.

Congrats on making a comment about something from almost a year ago. Are you happy to finally get that well crafted response you've been working on for 11 months out?

Obviously, it was important enough for you to have to make a retort. So, yes, I am happy. 
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An improvement over the first Two Worlds, on PC at least. Not awesome by any stretch, but fun enough. Not sure about consoles, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was horribly ported, though there is that one positive review by Angry Joe for the Xbox 360.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AngeTheDude

@brc2000: I'm installing this on Steam right now. I've been in the mood for some medieval madness.

EDIT: amd now I've uninstalled it because the combat is pure ass. Oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.