Is Ubisoft ever going to use this engine for anything else?

boogot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They made a big deal about it a few years ago, about how it would enable small teams to create personal projects with unique artstyles but beyond Child of Light and Valiant Hearts, they haven't really done much else with it.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rayman Jungle Run & Rayman Fiesta Run for iOS were both really good. Embarrassingly, I've played and completed both iOS games and NOT Rayman Origins or Rayman Legends for PS3, both of which I have owned for years).

Apparently Ubisoft released Rayman Adventures for iOS/Android in 2015. I have not played it but I plan to, now that I know about it.

There was also a 3DS game for somethign called Gravity Falls in 2015.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UbiArt_Framework#Games_developed_by_UbiArt_Framework)

As for future games, it's impossible to say whether Ubisoft will release more small projects based ont he framework. I don't see why not, it seems like a great way for Ubisoft to allow people from its other teams to work on small projects to avoid burnout on the way Ubisoft seems to work on its "tent pole" franchises.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I wonder how all these games have sold. I adore the newer Rayman games, but I fear they didn't sell so well? I hope I am wrong.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

God I hope so. Valiant Hearts was a real gem and I was hoping that it provided a springboard for more games based in specific historical eras.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

We will see if they stick with 2D. For a while they were making a lot of smaller games with this engine. That wasn't really something most other publishers have been doing so it has seemed a bit odd. I wonder how they have sold as well. I think a big publisher making these smaller games was cool to see.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By falling_fast

i hope so. i think i bought every game they made with it, actually. of the ones that came to steam, anyway

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.