Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ubisoft Entertainment

Company »

Ubisoft Entertainment (pronounced yoo-bee-soft) is a French videogame developer and publisher, with its headquarters in Montreuil-Sous-Bois, France.

Does Ubisoft release to many trailers?

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Is it just me or is Ubisoft flooding the internet with trailers for their games to a degree where it as almost hurting the game instead of helping them? There are 13 videos for AC IV, and 11 for Splinter Cell and Watch_Dogs respectively. I know GiantBomb doesn't post every trailer for every game but that is still a lot per game. I know Alex has made fun of Splinter Cell and a lot of other outlets (Rock,Paper,Shotgun for example) are kinda doing the same. And to be honest? My interest in Watch_Dogs has kinda cooled down a bit. When the game was announced I was hyped was eagerly awating news but nowadays I kinda don't even watch the many, many, many trailers cause I feel like I already know everything about this game. I realise that it is SUPREMELY stupid to "complain" about this, but I don't really want to complain, I'm just curious if you feel the same way or if I'm just completely overexaggerating.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yes. Also you don't have to watch ALL of them.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If you visit a sight like GiantBomb, post on the forums at a site like Giantbomb, you are not the target audience for these trailers. The average consumer, for a game that easily sells million units such as Assassin's Creed does every release, will likely only see one or two of the trailers.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

So does Square! I'm pretty sure FF13-2 had like 13 trailers or something. It was nuts.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By abendlaender

Yes. Also you don't have to watch ALL of them.

Tell that to the Ubisoft exec with the pistol behind me

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ares42

I dunno.. I've been really interested in AC4 and Watch Dogs since they first announced them, and the continuous release of trailers has sustained that interest. I'd say maybe it just polarizes the issues even more. If you weren't that interested in the first place the constant trailers only makes you less interested, while if you were it keeps your hype up. I think it's actually pretty deliberate by Ubisoft. They know their audience and focus on satisfying them, while not being too concerned about reaching "everyone".

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By spraynardtatum

I'm always a fan of having less trailers and advertisements.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there's anything I find to be scarce and missing in video game pre-release advertisement, it's the availability of footage that showcases the gameplay I'm gonna be doing in the game.

Good on them for showing me so much of Watch Dogs and AC4 that I actually feel I have a good sense of whether I will like the gameplay or not. Based on those many trailers I've made my (initial) mind that AC4 is gonna be a shameless repetition of everything since AC2, while Watch Dogs seems to have enough gameplay mechanics to keep me entertained.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Wow, you would swear this was some underground forum where we rebels discuss how pissed we are that the politburo is forcing us to watch all 13 Assassin's Creed trailers....

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Yeah it's a pretty intense schedule.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jimmyfenix

I think ubisoft should make another haze. You know take a break from open world!

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They release to many CG trailer. So many Ass Creed trailers that got me hyped for Revelations, it was alright.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Yes and too many of them reuse 90% of the same footage with slightly different editing.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

*too

:)

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many trailers, yes, but I don't watch them. I'll wait for the reviews instead.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By abendlaender

@DarthOrange I feel so stup...stub...badumb right now :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.