Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ubisoft Entertainment

Company »

Ubisoft Entertainment (pronounced yoo-bee-soft) is a French videogame developer and publisher, with its headquarters in Montreuil-Sous-Bois, France.

Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2 announced

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By isomeri

Ubisoft have gone ahead and announced two sequels in the run up to E3. Both games will be a part of of Ubisoft's fiscal 2017/2018 lineup, along with the new Assassin's Creed game and South Park: The Fractured But Whole.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sure, it's already been over two and a half years since I last played a Far Cry game. I would've taken a sci-fi setting or a Jurassic Park one (if choosing from that poll some years back) as my first picks, but I could go with a western theme too. Also please try and get some proper usage out of the villain(s) this time around.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm hoping Far Cry 5 will be good. I skipped Primal since it seemed to be quite middling, at least from the response it got most places. I did love Far Cry 3, and thought Far Cry 4 was also very good.

I'm surprised The Crew is getting a sequel though.. Seemed like nobody liked that one. Wonder how it sold..

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Farcry 5 needs to be what 3 was to the franchise to get me on board again. I do not care about The Crew at all.

Funnily enough I'm most curious about the next AC out of Ubisofts known quantities.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I guess this is announcement, but was anyone really surprised they were making another Far Cry? They're about two entries away from running it into the ground and taking some time off from it.

The Crew 2 is surprising if you don't think about how Ubisoft is a video game factory that pumps out tons of stuff. I mean Watchdogs was pretty well hated and it got a decent sequel. Maybe the same will happen with The Crew.

Idk that I want to play two westerns in a year, but I also wouldn't bet on Red Dead 2 coming out this year.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By 71Ranchero

The Crew is still getting both free and paid content at this point. Its very much still active and has had upgrades to both the physics/handling and graphics since launch. Its a way better game than people gave it credit for. A follow up isnt really a surprise to me. The only question I have is how can they top the map from the first game.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Far Cry 5 needs to be something special. 3 was great, 4 was solid. I missed Primal. Horizon Zero Dawn scratched a similar itch but did it a little better. I have less than zero interest in The Crew

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Gimme Far Cry 2-2

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
    deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm morbidly curious about The Crew 2. I hope we'll get a bizarro version of Europe to drive around in. I am stoked for the Southpark game. And please make this Assassins creed the final epic last hurrah for that franchise. Farcry needs a good story and less hunting and crafting.

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeushbien: I found this article talking about how the crew hit 5 million players: https://www.destructoid.com/the-crew-hits-5-million-players-364127.phtml

I guess it sold pretty well O_o

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@71ranchero: @giantlennonx_x: Huh, so maybe I should give The Crew a go at some point? I'm pretty sure that it was a Games for Gold title a year ago or something, but I never fired it up.

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ObsideonDarman

How on earth did a sequel to The Crew get the go ahead?

xanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By xanadu

The Crew 2 is a bad name. They should change that.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some ideas for Farcry 5: They should add robot enemies into the mix instead of the usual wildlife, use weapon ideas from Primal but give them a more high tech edge, actually create a decent story instead of just a cool bad guy, maybe go crazy and change the perspective to third person this time, and they should definitely add Lt. Daniels from The Wire to the voice cast, that guy is super talented. Id buy that game in a heartbeat.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Far Cry 5 rumor going around does sound interesting

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornfed40: Haha. I see what you did there. :-P I liked Horizon: Zero Dawn too.

cornfed40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazyimperial: I'm the exact dofus that Ubisoft loves. I'm addicted to the formula of FarCry and Assassin's Creed, and will play any and everything they come out with no matter how middling, because I love the good ones so much. Ill suffer through any Primal to get a FC3, and will gladly play Revelations so I can get to Black Flag. I know, I'm sick and I need help. I just found it awesome that Guerilla could come out a do the FarCry formula, but better in their first shot. Hopefully puts a fire under Ubi's ass to step it up, because when one of their games is good, it makes my year.

OceanEve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cornfed40: Ditto. I've played every major Assassin's Creed game (didn't play the PSP one or the cell phone ones), Far Cry 3 to Primal, Watch Dogs, The Crew, Steep, and even The Division. I also own Watch Dogs 2 and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, but just haven't had the time to touch them yet. When I found out that Horizon: Zero Dawn was a refined, polished, third person Far Cry with robot dinosaurs, I was stoked. Loved every second of it. I know it's naughty to admit, but this formula still works for me too. :-P

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am probably the only person on earth who liked the crew but crew 2 is a bit to much even for me.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By ArtisanBreads

It's good to see a big publisher making a fun driving game like The Crew but it's the Crew 2 so.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

@xanadu said:

2 Live Crew

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeushbien: I found this article talking about how the crew hit 5 million players: https://www.destructoid.com/the-crew-hits-5-million-players-364127.phtml

I guess it sold pretty well O_o

Wow, really? I'd never had guessed that. It's odd sometimes what becomes a hit and what doesn't, just look at the whole hitman situation.

mattimus_prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so their announcement was just saying a name? why not wait for E3 if you arent going to show anything

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@meatsim said:
    @xanadu said:

2 Live Crew

2 Crew 2 Crewious

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.