Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ubisoft Entertainment

Company »

Ubisoft Entertainment (pronounced yoo-bee-soft) is a French videogame developer and publisher, with its headquarters in Montreuil-Sous-Bois, France.

Run Patrice, Run

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Winternet

Patrice Desilets, the designer well-known for his work with the first two Assassin's Creed games, has left Ubisoft yet again. After his departure in 2010, apparently caused by divergences about the AC franchise, Patrice went to THQ Montreal to work on a new game. After the THQ debacle, THQ Montreal was bought by, none other than, Ubisoft, which lead to the return of Patrice to Ubisoft.

Well, the return was short-lived, since Ubisoft has confirmed that Patrice left the studio, again because "the good faith discussions between Patrice and Ubisoft aimed at aligning Patrice’s and the studio’s visions have been inconclusive".

The future of Patrice is unknown at this time and I wonder when we'll hear from him again. I bet that the next time he comes out to announce anything, it will be something like this: "Hi, I'm working with (insert company name), we're working on a new game, called (insert game name) and it's coming out next week" in an attempt (which will later be proved to be unsuccessful) to prevent Ubisoft from "buying" him again.

Update: Apparently this was no ordinary departure, Patrice got straight-up fired from Ubisoft and is, allegedly, going to fight for the right to stay with his team, that is working on the project 1666. This surely won't be the last time we'll hear from this Patrice v Ubisoft.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

after seeing the production of ac v , vi , vii commencing he was like FUCK THAT SHIT

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'll be a kickstarter of some kind. You heard it here first!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5
    deactivated-5f71e1dc474f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it turns out Ubisoft actually fired him.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I laughed when I saw the article this morning because I thought he left. Turns out Ubisoft fired him and threw him out the front door without letting him get his belongings or say bye to his team. What a bunch of assholes Ubisoft has turned into. You should update your OP @winternet

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Hot dang that's some drama, I wonder what actually went down.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Assassin's Creed II was a damn good game and the pinnacle of that franchise, so I was kinda interested in those two games he was working on. Well, that is if he was truly involved with them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.