Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ubisoft Entertainment

Company »

Ubisoft Entertainment (pronounced yoo-bee-soft) is a French videogame developer and publisher, with its headquarters in Montreuil-Sous-Bois, France.

Ubisoft emailed me; did they email you?!

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PillClinton

They emailed me to tell me about stupid Uplay and its dumb new update.  Does anyone care about this at all?  What's the relevance of Uplay in the bloated modern games industry anyway?  Still, I do like the casual honesty of the first paragraph, so there's that. 

Yeah, we know. You really didn’t do anything. But still, we wanted to let you know that your www.ubi.com account is now a Uplay account. What does this mean for you? Same login. Same great Ubisoft experience – just a new name and some awesome new features.

In addition to everything you’re used to, you also get access to all the benefits of Uplay – cool exclusives such as in-game rewards, discounts at UBIShop, tips, video walkthroughs, and first access to betas. And as always, you get the latest news and updates on your favorite Ubisoft games.

So go ahead and check it out. While you’re looking, take the opportunity to update your profile. It will help us send you information on stuff you care about and skip the things you don’t!

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pezen

I think a lot of developers need to stop at the idea that they need their own form of reward system or otherwise. It's pretty much bloatware in games and at some point the layers of unnecessary crap becomes a bit too deep.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SomeDeliCook

You made a thread to tell us about stupid Uplay and its dumb new update just like they emailed you. Puts you in the same boat as them. =P 

Joking aside, I felt like Uplay was what achievements SHOULD have been; getting achievements for doing certain things and then getting to spend those points on unlocks. Its a good idea, just doesn't work because it's only for one single publisher.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

Yes, I just got it. Yaaaay... Uplay. Yay.............................

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By elko84

i got an email saying welcome to uplay.  only i joined uplay like a long long time ago.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PillClinton
    @Pezen said:
    I think a lot of developers need to stop at the idea that they need their own form of reward system or otherwise. It's pretty much bloatware in games and at some point the layers of unnecessary crap becomes a bit too deep.
    exactly.  it's essentially a level of bloatware on top of an already bloated system (in the case of xbl, at least).  I do also like some of the rewards i've gotten for various Ubi titles over the past few years, though. 
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Brendan

Ahh nah brah

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.