Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

Any tips for submission?

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

okay so I have been playing this game for a little while now but I cannot seem to submit the computer whatsoever. I have tried spinning the right stick, mashing the face buttons even both at the same time but I can not get past the first animation. There is even an achievement for ending a fight in a submission without striking the opponent at all! I have no idea how that is even possible but I was just wondering if any of you guys out there have any tips for executing submissions effectively

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Have you done the Tutorial yet?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

I have played the demo for quite a while. Even gone through the entire tutorial and everything. But i'm in the same position as you. I have never been able to actually pull off a submission. I find a few well placed knees usually results in a fairly easy knock out against the dumb A.I. though.

TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain_Fookup said:
    Have you done the Tutorial yet?

yeah i did the entire tutorial

JJWeatherman said:
    I have played the demo for quite a while. Even gone through the entire tutorial and everything. But i'm in ... [more]

Yeah i usually rely on knockouts but there is that achievement that I feel is going to haunt me unless I figure out how to submit fools
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    TheWorstPlayerEver said:
    Captain_Fookup said: Have you done the Tutorial yet? yeah i did the entire tutorial  JJWeatherman said: I have played the ... [more]
    Yeah totally. If I actually owned the game it would definately be something I would want to know. I plan to get it soon so I'll keep checking back in case anyone on here answers.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman

I found a video that has to do with the subject. It's really not too helpful considering you played the tutorial but it's worth a watch at least.

Avatar image for shogunsupremacy
    ShogunSupremacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ShogunSupremacy

Yeah that looks soooooo easy on the video I try the shine all the time they say thats a more technical submission......But another thing that will help is if you are a BJJ then just work on your submissions when u spar give all your points to that area and make that one section out and then work on the submission defense,,,,,,Basically if you wanna be a submission fighter work on your clinch grapple and submissions after you spar and get poinrs. hope this helps.

Avatar image for shogunsupremacy
    ShogunSupremacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By ShogunSupremacy
    Staff said:
    Has been deleted..

Trust me, that is n understatement!!!!!! The AI is a God when it comes to getting out of submissions!!!
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By kozzy1234

Beat the computer down and get his energy down before trying to do the submission. If you try it to early it wont work. It is VERY hard to pull off, but not impossible. Just kick the computers butt for awhile and get him hurt and tired, then he wont get out of the sub as easy!

Only thing i think could be better in this game is that its TO EASY to do KNOCKOUTS and a little to hard to do Submissions.
    I would cut hte knockout frequency down by 15% and i would RAISE the Submissions up 20%.

Awesome game though~!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.