Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

I suck...

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By choffy21

Like, God awful. I can hang with the best when I'm standing, but when the game goes to the ground, I'm usually SOL and get full mounted.

Any tips for the ground game, I know how to transfer from the bottom to the top with a BJJ fighter, and basic things, but I don't even know how to get into the full mount.

Yes, I've done the tutorial.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ImperiousRix

Hey, sometimes the ground just isn't where you wanna be.  For now, I'd practice on defending against people transitioning on you.  You can block most transitions by holding back on the right analog stick.  Make sure if you yourself are going for the transition, not to twirl the stick wildly.  Make short, concise half circles and you should get better results.  However, if your opponent is blocking your transitions, you could gas yourself if you go for too many in a row and they might submit you, so learn to strike that good balance of defending against your opponent's transitions and going for your own.
    Also, I would suggest using the "wrestling in reverse" tactic if you prefer the stand up game.  Do this by using transitions and the ground game to get in a position to bring the fight back to standing.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By choffy21

I actually got better and went online yesterday, going 15-6, very respectable, if you ask me.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ImperiousRix

Hell yeah it is, especially if you're no quitter.
    Right now, I'm at about 60 wins and around 40 losses.  I'm nowhere near the best, but I'm happy to have a winning record.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By choffy21

My overall record is now 16-11 so I'm not bad

Bonzi2387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Bonzi2387
    @choffy21 said:
    "Like, God awful. I can hang with the best when I'm standing, but when the game goes to the ground, I'm usually SOL and get full mounted.

Any tips for the ground game, I know how to transfer from the bottom to the top with a BJJ fighter, and basic things, but I don't even know how to get into the full mount.

Yes, I've done the tutorial.
    "

Career mode. When you go to the BJJ camps they teach you all that stuff.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

HAHAHAHA!  YOU SUCK YOU JACKASS!         j/k  You just have to practice and get better.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By choffy21

I'm a lot better now. My online record is a (legit) 32-19.

Phished0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Phished0ne

i havent even started playing online. It seems like i just have bad luck, or maybe after being trained by Fight Night that in most cases you can not worry about blocking and still get the KO i just need to calm down and block more. it seems like i'm getting flash-ko'd every other fight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.