Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

MMA Fans

AEKtzis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AEKtzis

Anyone else here an MMA fan?

Did you guys see Fedor absolutely DESTROY Tim Sylvia? Wow, without question best pound for pound fighter in the world.

optic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By optic

I'm a huge MMA fan and yeah I loved the Affliction show, however I still have Anderson as number one P4P. Fedor needs a few more top wins to really reclaim his throne in my opinion where as Anderson has been decimating all top fighters in his weight class the years that Fedor has been on the side lines.

How about Alvarez vs Kawajiri at DREAM 5? Fight of the year so far IMO.

AEKtzis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AEKtzis

Yeah that was a great fight, poor Alvarez though with his eye swelling up not being able to fight in the final. Aoki kind of disappointed me in the final but props to Hansen for making the most the opportunity. Another great fight of the year was Torres v. Maeda at WEC 34.

As for Fedor I suppose one could argue that he has been on the sidelines, but the man has not been sitting on ass drinking Russian Vodka lol he has been competing in Sambo tournaments and training staying sharp.

The Fedor v. Couture fight has to happen. If im not mistaken Couture's UFC contract ends in November and the courts say he doesnt owe them 2 more fights.

cakeordeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cakeordeath

MMA is for closet queers

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Subway

Silva is better.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By roofy
    cakeordeath said:
    "MMA is for closet queers"
    you must know from experience then right?
    dont let your boy troubles spill into the forums
    optic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By optic
    AEKtzis said:
    "he has been competing in Sambo tournaments and training staying sharp.
    "

Let me tell you something man, Fedor competing in those Sambo tournies are like Sammy Sosa going to a little leage T-Ball tourny and winning it. It's not even fair. Most of the guys that have to face Fedor don't even show up. Last year he only had one match, out of a scheduled 3.
    AEKtzis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AEKtzis

Hmm I didn't know that.

roofy said:

"cakeordeath said:
    "MMA is for closet queers"
    you must know from experience then right?
    dont let your boy troubles spill into the forums
    "
    lol haha

As far as MMA games go did anyone ever play the Pride FC game? Im wondering why there isnt a page on that on this site...or am i wrong? I cant find one.

Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hulk

Hulk big combat sports fan for as long as Hulk can remember.  Hulk very excited for this game and hope it at least on par with the Fight Night series.

Fedor is #1 pound for pound fighter in MMA.  Anderson Silva is right behind him, followed by GSP.  Anderson Silva is a big middleweight in the weakest division in the sport.  He has shown holes that can be exploited in his game as far as his wrestling goes.  Fedor is an undersized heavyweight that absolutely destroys everyone in the division.  He can outstrike, outwrestle, and submit anyone in the division.  Anderson can't say that about 185.  Anderson can outstrike everyone, but not outgrapple everyone.

Fedor destroying a perennial top 5 former heavyweight champion with 6 inches and 40 pounds on him in 30 seconds >>>> Anderson knocking out a smaller journeyman 205er in 60 seconds.

deboer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deboer

Sure, I am always down for discussing some MMA. Bring it.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Evilross

Fedor is the best p4p in the world. Silva is the one with something to prove. Hes a HUGE mw, his street weight is 220, and he is 6'2. Fighting in mw is just short of bullying little guys on the play ground at his size. The mw division as a whole is weak at this time, and Silva's only option is to move up to lhw were he would be fighting guys his own size, and that are just as strong and stonger then him.
    Silva is a fantastic stiker, not because of his power, but because of his precision, and speed. He has boxers hands.
    However, his ground is mediocre at best, his wrestling is weak, and although he has good Muay Thai in the clench, hes usually grappling with a weaker, smaller opponent. He also has 2 losses via sub from fights that went to the ground.
    Fedor on the other hand is a small hw. His fighting weight is 230, and he usually gives up 20-30 lbs to his oppenent in every fight. He's one of the great Sambo fighters in the world. His striking is masterful, quick, and hard, his wrestling, grappling, and takedown defence is legendary. (see his fight verses Mark Coleman. A school in td defence against a wolrd class wrestler). Fedor's subs are among the best in MMA, and easily the best at the hw class.
    Fedor has great cardio, and has never lost a MMA match. (The one loss he does show on his record came from a tournament stoppage do to a cut from an illegal elbow, doctors wouldnt let him move on, so he took a loss.)
    Fedor's only weakness seems to be his skin. He cuts easy. A logical fight stratagy agaist him would be to throw elbows and hope for a cut and a doctor stoppage. I know it sounds stupid, but its about the chance anyone has, besides puncher's luck.

The Last Emperor.
    The Last Emperor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.